Six-time national championship coach of the University of Texas, Bev Kearney, resigned Saturday after it was revealed that she had a lesbian relationship with an athlete in her 2002 program.
"I didn't commit a crime, but I displayed poor judgment," she told Texas newspaper The Statesman. The athlete was not identified, but apparently reported it to the school in October--a decade after the relationship had ended.
• Has led Texas to six NCAA Championships
• 3-time NCAA Outdoor Champions (1998, '99, 2005)
• 3-time NCAA Indoor Champions (1998, '99, 2006)
• Posted 14 top-three team finishes at NCAA's
• 3-time NCAA Outdoor Coach of the Year (1997, '98, 2005)
• 2-time NCAA Indoor Coach of the Year (1999, 2006)
• 16-time Conference Coach of the Year