Cities that subscribe the most
04/01/2013 10:32:47 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Subscriptions are the lifeblood of this site. Contrary to popular belief, the advertising pretty much keeps the lights on, servers running, and national staff going. It does not support us locally nearly as much as subscriptions. The two biggest contirbutor's to this site's ability to stay alive are 1) subscriptions 2) flrunners xc meet. Without those we would not have money for coverage and to do as much as we do. SO THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!! Hopefully more of you will be compelled to subscribe, especially those of you sharing accounts! This isn't a 100% accurate list and I can probably do better. But I just cross-compiled our current subscribers with people who have claimed an athlete profile as a parent or athlete... and used that to derive their city. So.... I wanted to see which cities are showing us the most support in the state. CITY RANKINGS WITH THE MOST SUBSCRIBERS 1) Miami 2) Orlando 3) Tampa 4) Jacksonville 5) Fort Lauderdale 6) Tallahassee 7) St. Petersburg 8) Winter Park 9) Melbourne 10) Naples 11) Pensacola 12) Bradenton 13) Lakeland 14) Estero 15) Ft. Myers 16) Niceeville 17) Sarasota 18) Fort Pierce 19) Gainesville 20) Boca Raton 21) St. Johns 22) Longwood 23) Ft. Walton Beach 24) Cocoa Beach 25) Ocala
Subscriptions are the lifeblood of this site. Contrary to popular belief, the advertising pretty much keeps the lights on, servers running, and national staff going. It does not support us locally nearly as much as subscriptions. The two biggest contirbutor's to this site's ability to stay alive are 1) subscriptions 2) flrunners xc meet. Without those we would not have money for coverage and to do as much as we do.

SO THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!! Hopefully more of you will be compelled to subscribe, especially those of you sharing accounts!

This isn't a 100% accurate list and I can probably do better. But I just cross-compiled our current subscribers with people who have claimed an athlete profile as a parent or athlete... and used that to derive their city. So.... I wanted to see which cities are showing us the most support in the state.

CITY RANKINGS WITH THE MOST SUBSCRIBERS

1) Miami
2) Orlando
3) Tampa
4) Jacksonville
5) Fort Lauderdale
6) Tallahassee
7) St. Petersburg
8) Winter Park
9) Melbourne
10) Naples
11) Pensacola
12) Bradenton
13) Lakeland
14) Estero
15) Ft. Myers
16) Niceeville
17) Sarasota
18) Fort Pierce
19) Gainesville
20) Boca Raton
21) St. Johns
22) Longwood
23) Ft. Walton Beach
24) Cocoa Beach
25) Ocala
04/02/2013 12:14:56 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
POPULATIONS Miami: 5.5 million Tampa: 2.4 million Orlando: 1.5 million Jacksonville: 1.1 million Tallahassee: 0.24 million Per capita, Tally rules! Respectfully, Gary Droze Staff Demographer, Maclay School
POPULATIONS
Miami: 5.5 million
Tampa: 2.4 million
Orlando: 1.5 million
Jacksonville: 1.1 million
Tallahassee: 0.24 million

Per capita, Tally rules!

Respectfully,
Gary Droze
Staff Demographer, Maclay School
04/02/2013 12:52:12 PM
Power User
@GaryDroze Statistically Niceville rules this chart with .012 million. Respectfully, ~Twangster
@GaryDroze Statistically Niceville rules this chart with .012 million.

Respectfully,
~Twangster
04/02/2013 12:57:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Good Sir, you'll need more evidence, given that Tallahassee is so far ahead of Niceville on the depth chart (OK, I admit we need 20 times your subscribership to validate our claim. Picky, Picky, Picky!).
Good Sir, you'll need more evidence, given that Tallahassee is so far ahead of Niceville on the depth chart (OK, I admit we need 20 times your subscribership to validate our claim. Picky, Picky, Picky!).
04/03/2013 7:29:46 AM
Power User
[quote=GaryDroze]POPULATIONS Miami: 5.5 million[/quote] @GaryDroze Is this one of those population reports where you northerners assume that every county south of Orlando is "Miami"? ;-)
GaryDroze wrote:
POPULATIONS
Miami: 5.5 million

@GaryDroze Is this one of those population reports where you northerners assume that every county south of Orlando is "Miami"?
04/03/2013 7:54:58 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I pulled the numbers right off Wikipedia. The internet never lies.
I pulled the numbers right off Wikipedia. The internet never lies.
04/03/2013 7:58:02 AM
User
The population of Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County and Monroe County combined is 5.6 million.
The population of Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County and Monroe County combined is 5.6 million.
04/03/2013 9:19:40 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachRaposo Wrong. Not south of Orlando.... everything south of Lake Okeechobee, but north of Key West is "Miami"... duh.
@CoachRaposo Wrong. Not south of Orlando.... everything south of Lake Okeechobee, but north of Key West is "Miami"... duh.
04/03/2013 10:36:58 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Don't bite the hand that feeds you...
Don't bite the hand that feeds you...
04/03/2013 10:40:01 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Let me point out the obvious conclusion-- the immense popularity of Raposo is the life blood of this site. :-D
Let me point out the obvious conclusion-- the immense popularity of Raposo is the life blood of this site.
04/03/2013 11:03:07 AM
User
@GaryDroze @CoachRaposo Those are metro area numbers. The actual population of Jacksonville is double that of Miami. Also, trying to come up with a subscriptions per capita is a waste of time without knowing the subscription numbers for each city.
@GaryDroze @CoachRaposo Those are metro area numbers. The actual population of Jacksonville is double that of Miami. Also, trying to come up with a subscriptions per capita is a waste of time without knowing the subscription numbers for each city.
04/03/2013 11:14:13 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Hey,posting on this forum is one of my favorite wastes of time. Mission Accomplished!
Hey,posting on this forum is one of my favorite wastes of time.

Mission Accomplished!
04/03/2013 11:24:28 AM
Power User
[quote=BConvey]Let me point out the obvious conclusion-- the immense popularity of Raposo is the life blood of this site. [/quote] @BConvey :-p I know I've been busy and held back from posting lately, but Jason has pointed this out to me before in the past. For some reason, I manage to get the pot stirring pretty easily. If we ever need some action and entertainment, I just need to post a couple of things apparently.
BConvey wrote:
Let me point out the obvious conclusion-- the immense popularity of Raposo is the life blood of this site.

@BConvey
I know I've been busy and held back from posting lately, but Jason has pointed this out to me before in the past. For some reason, I manage to get the pot stirring pretty easily. If we ever need some action and entertainment, I just need to post a couple of things apparently.
04/03/2013 2:01:07 PM
Coach
Gentlemen, I have to respectfully disagree with you here! Current population records list the Great City of Melbourne at 76,095 residents. Thats more than likely including the homeless crew that lives in Wickham Park and stalks us on our runs, but anyway, coming in at 9th place with a population far less than those other thriving metropolis', I would say, Melbourne Rules! Just Sayin
Gentlemen, I have to respectfully disagree with you here! Current population records list the Great City of Melbourne at 76,095 residents. Thats more than likely including the homeless crew that lives in Wickham Park and stalks us on our runs, but anyway, coming in at 9th place with a population far less than those other thriving metropolis', I would say, Melbourne Rules! Just Sayin

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.