Length of Course
10/18/2013 9:20:41 PM
Coach
So how long was the course determined to be?
So how long was the course determined to be?
10/18/2013 10:56:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@asalow Had 2 college kids run it after GPS said 2.91 and 2.93 so somewhere in there
@asalow

Had 2 college kids run it after GPS said 2.91 and 2.93 so somewhere in there
10/19/2013 7:12:02 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGCracker Which course is this Hills Cty course? Thanks.
@CoachGCracker Which course is this Hills Cty course? Thanks.
10/19/2013 9:06:51 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Pebble Creek
Pebble Creek
10/19/2013 10:12:57 AM
Coach
Some adjustments had to made to accommodate 35 schools at the start and at the finish. We moved up the start 50 yds from the original start line where it was measured. We also did some changes on the course last minute with sprinkler issues, all will be corrected by 10/23. Couldn't line up all the schools from the original start line. We also adjusted the finish line so it be accommodating. Districts we will have 17 schools instead of 35 which will make the course 3.1 with the adjustments that are minor.
Some adjustments had to made to accommodate 35 schools at the start and at the finish. We moved up the start 50 yds from the original start line where it was measured. We also did some changes on the course last minute with sprinkler issues, all will be corrected by 10/23. Couldn't line up all the schools from the original start line. We also adjusted the finish line so it be accommodating. Districts we will have 17 schools instead of 35 which will make the course 3.1 with the adjustments that are minor.
10/19/2013 11:47:30 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@pm5k Wait, there's a district with 17 schools?
@pm5k Wait, there's a district with 17 schools?
10/19/2013 12:02:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
That makes sense thanks! Otherwise felt like it was a great meet. Good look at your monster 13 team district meet!
That makes sense thanks! Otherwise felt like it was a great meet. Good look at your monster 13 team district meet!
10/19/2013 3:36:56 PM
Coach
@CoachHoward No we have 13 schools in our District which will make the course adjustments easier to do, instead of the 35 schools we had. This course will be for Hills County Schools only. The course will be fixed due to the last minute adjustments we had to make to make sure we had a safe start and a safe finish area. That the runners were running on a safe surface and not slipping in mud or falling off cliffs. I think you get the message I'm sending to you.
@CoachHoward No we have 13 schools in our District which will make the course adjustments easier to do, instead of the 35 schools we had. This course will be for Hills County Schools only. The course will be fixed due to the last minute adjustments we had to make to make sure we had a safe start and a safe finish area. That the runners were running on a safe surface and not slipping in mud or falling off cliffs. I think you get the message I'm sending to you.
10/19/2013 3:47:02 PM
Coach
@asalow Using GPS to determine a course unless you borrowed the GPS from the CIA or the NSA, is not accurate. We had to make last minute adjustments due to a number of last minute issues we had. Like setting up a 35 team box and making sure every runner had a safe start and a safe finish. The District 3-A-9 course will be easy to correct and we wont have the issue of 35 teams. This course was designed in mind for fast times, and it will be fast even when corrected. I think we should have all the coaches meet and bring all their measuring wheels lets line up and measure the course all together an hour before every meet. That way we could have a coaches wheel race before the meet. Oh no but wait, there are some coaches that don't put on meets and don't even own a measuring wheel.
@asalow Using GPS to determine a course unless you borrowed the GPS from the CIA or the NSA, is not accurate. We had to make last minute adjustments due to a number of last minute issues we had. Like setting up a 35 team box and making sure every runner had a safe start and a safe finish. The District 3-A-9 course will be easy to correct and we wont have the issue of 35 teams. This course was designed in mind for fast times, and it will be fast even when corrected. I think we should have all the coaches meet and bring all their measuring wheels lets line up and measure the course all together an hour before every meet. That way we could have a coaches wheel race before the meet. Oh no but wait, there are some coaches that don't put on meets and don't even own a measuring wheel.
10/19/2013 4:36:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@pm5k Oh I get it. I just was responding to your earlier post that the district would have 17 teams. I see that it was a typo now. Still 13 is a lot of schools. Didn't know there were any districts still that large. The course must have been pretty popular; I heard a few coaches wishing another district meet could be held there.
@pm5k Oh I get it. I just was responding to your earlier post that the district would have 17 teams. I see that it was a typo now. Still 13 is a lot of schools. Didn't know there were any districts still that large.
The course must have been pretty popular; I heard a few coaches wishing another district meet could be held there.
10/19/2013 4:52:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@pm5k I wasn't complaining btw ... And FYI I've held college regional and conf meets I know GPS isn't the best way. But question was asked. I know course measurements can be a pain. Like I said great meet and appreciate your work. 35 teams is tough!
@pm5k

I wasn't complaining btw ...
And FYI I've held college regional and conf meets I know GPS isn't the best way. But question was asked. I know course measurements can be a pain. Like I said great meet and appreciate your work. 35 teams is tough!
10/19/2013 7:45:04 PM
Coach
@pm5k
@pm5k
10/19/2013 7:47:10 PM
Coach
A coaches "wheel run" is quite possibly the most inspired, brilliant thing I have ever heard!
A coaches "wheel run" is quite possibly the most inspired, brilliant thing I have ever heard!
10/20/2013 12:54:42 PM
Power User
@CoachHoward There are 6 districts in the state with 13 or more teams. 4A R1 D2, 3A R3 D9, 3A R3 D11, 3A R4 D16, 2A R4 D16 and 1A R4 D16.
@CoachHoward There are 6 districts in the state with 13 or more teams. 4A R1 D2, 3A R3 D9, 3A R3 D11, 3A R4 D16, 2A R4 D16 and 1A R4 D16.
10/20/2013 5:42:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@twangster Thanks. News to me. I thought the redistricting a couple of years ago got them all down to under 10.
@twangster Thanks. News to me. I thought the redistricting a couple of years ago got them all down to under 10.
10/21/2013 8:32:16 AM
User
@CoachHoward http://www.fhsaa.org/sports/cross-country/assignments
@CoachHoward http://www.fhsaa.org/sports/cross-country/assignments
10/21/2013 9:59:56 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@deanheadley Oh I know where to find them. Just didn't look at any of them except ours, and we only have 8 schools (and 7 teams) in our district.
@deanheadley Oh I know where to find them. Just didn't look at any of them except ours, and we only have 8 schools (and 7 teams) in our district.
10/21/2013 10:39:52 AM
User
@CoachHoward My bad Coach. I know you know. What I should have said was "posting for those who want to see the full assignments". I get questions every weekend from parents. It's good to repeat this stuff for new-comers to flrunners.
@CoachHoward My bad Coach. I know you know. What I should have said was "posting for those who want to see the full assignments". I get questions every weekend from parents. It's good to repeat this stuff for new-comers to flrunners.
10/21/2013 10:42:33 AM
Coach
So if the girl's race starts at 4pm, does that men the wheel race starts at 3? Hillsborough doesn't have a wheel, so if someone has an extra one we can borrow? We would gladly pay you in Nicko dollars, which if you have never dined at the infamous Nicko's Diner, then you don't know what you are missing out on. Here are some reviews of Nickos on Urban Spoon to validate that you would be getting the better end of this deal. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/30/343655/restaurant/Tampa-Bay/Seminole-Heights/Nickos-Fine-Foods-Tampa Also, we are going to try and host the Robles Park Invitational next year at the beginning of the season. Hope to make this an annual event and would love to have as many teams run as possible. More details to follow. Good luck to everyone this week!
So if the girl's race starts at 4pm, does that men the wheel race starts at 3? Hillsborough doesn't have a wheel, so if someone has an extra one we can borrow? We would gladly pay you in Nicko dollars, which if you have never dined at the infamous Nicko's Diner, then you don't know what you are missing out on. Here are some reviews of Nickos on Urban Spoon to validate that you would be getting the better end of this deal.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/30/343655/restaurant/Tampa-Bay/Seminole-Heights/Nickos-Fine-Foods-Tampa

Also, we are going to try and host the Robles Park Invitational next year at the beginning of the season. Hope to make this an annual event and would love to have as many teams run as possible. More details to follow.

Good luck to everyone this week!
10/22/2013 3:46:07 PM
User
@pm5k were the boxes assigned at this race
@pm5k were the boxes assigned at this race

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.