Article Comment: Men's NCAA D1 Nationals - Where Are They From?
11/20/2013 8:06:10 PM
Power User
Fischer qualified and she is from Missouri correct? Very cool that we are ranked in the top ten in numbers of kids.
Fischer qualified and she is from Missouri correct? Very cool that we are ranked in the top ten in numbers of kids.
11/20/2013 8:43:56 PM
Coach
I think this is for the men....hopefully a ladies version will follow. Pretty cool! Thanks for doing it! Sad though that all 8 left the state. The ladies will look a little better.
I think this is for the men....hopefully a ladies version will follow. Pretty cool! Thanks for doing it!
Sad though that all 8 left the state. The ladies will look a little better.
11/20/2013 8:51:39 PM
Admin
It is just the mens. David will have the ladies done later tonight and I'll post it in the morning.
It is just the mens. David will have the ladies done later tonight and I'll post it in the morning.
11/20/2013 9:27:45 PM
User
Hate to see that 0 percent for those who stayed in state...we gotta turn that tide...
Hate to see that 0 percent for those who stayed in state...we gotta turn that tide...
11/20/2013 10:02:36 PM
Power User
My bad super sleepy!! Baby Brain! As for kids coming and going it is important to understand and remember that a lot of kids are considering stay here more and more. Last year on the womans side Mizzou did a great job. The current Missouri Boys that have been at Mizzou with Coach Lynn have improved by leaps and bonds. Things have come a long way in a short period of time. Given a few more years Mizzou will be one of the best distance crews in the USA.
My bad super sleepy!! Baby Brain! As for kids coming and going it is important to understand and remember that a lot of kids are considering stay here more and more. Last year on the womans side Mizzou did a great job. The current Missouri Boys that have been at Mizzou with Coach Lynn have improved by leaps and bonds. Things have come a long way in a short period of time. Given a few more years Mizzou will be one of the best distance crews in the USA.
11/21/2013 6:43:49 AM
Coach
I agree!
I agree!
11/21/2013 9:47:29 AM
Coach
@speced I agree completely. Part of the thanks for that go to the geniuses at Missouri State University, who had the great idea of cutting a mens' cross-country and track program that was very successful and had a high GPA, and funneled the money into their fabulous football team. Now the football team is as good as their womens' cross-country team is. MU should start to get some more of the best guys from Missouri now that they have a coach who is having some success. With Max Storms qualifying for the Olympic Trials marathon, Fischer qualifying for nationals, and many of their other athletes the last few years running well, they are likely to get more top runners. They will never get 100% of them though. MU just can't hold a candle to a place like Columbia University academically. Sean Nunn Raytown South
@speced

I agree completely. Part of the thanks for that go to the geniuses at Missouri State University, who had the great idea of cutting a mens' cross-country and track program that was very successful and had a high GPA, and funneled the money into their fabulous football team. Now the football team is as good as their womens' cross-country team is.

MU should start to get some more of the best guys from Missouri now that they have a coach who is having some success. With Max Storms qualifying for the Olympic Trials marathon, Fischer qualifying for nationals, and many of their other athletes the last few years running well, they are likely to get more top runners.

They will never get 100% of them though. MU just can't hold a candle to a place like Columbia University academically.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
11/21/2013 9:50:49 AM
Coach
I am honestly surprised that only 45 of the male runners are from foreign countries. I would have thought it was considerably more than that. Sean Nunn Raytown South
I am honestly surprised that only 45 of the male runners are from foreign countries. I would have thought it was considerably more than that.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.