Lafayette vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (KS)
11/07/2015 9:53:09 PM
Coach
Here is something to ponder: who wins a meet between Lafayette and St. Thomas Aquinas (KS). Lafayette average 1-5 16:02. STA average 1-5 16:12. Rim Rock might be a tougher course than Oak Hills Lake. Or maybe not. Are there any athletes who ran both courses this season who would venture an opinion as to the difficulty of the two courses? Anyone from Ray-Pec or elsewhere with an opinion? Sean Nunn Raytown South
Here is something to ponder: who wins a meet between Lafayette and St. Thomas Aquinas (KS).

Lafayette average 1-5 16:02.
STA average 1-5 16:12.

Rim Rock might be a tougher course than Oak Hills Lake. Or maybe not.

Are there any athletes who ran both courses this season who would venture an opinion as to the difficulty of the two courses?

Anyone from Ray-Pec or elsewhere with an opinion?

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
11/07/2015 11:10:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@seannunn Lafayette boys easily. Aquinas girls maybe......
@seannunn

Lafayette boys easily. Aquinas girls maybe......
11/07/2015 11:26:55 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Lafayette. They beat them bad earlier this year. [url=http://mo.milesplit.com/meets/215601/results/389931]Forest Park[/url]
Lafayette. They beat them bad earlier this year.

Forest Park
11/08/2015 9:57:33 AM
Coach
Not to take anything away from anyone but to give a look to and props to the past. But who would have won between Lafayette (2015) and Potosi (2006). The Trojans averaged 16:00 with a 47 second 1-5 split. Their #3 was a sophmore coming in at 15:52. They scored 16 points and missed a perfect score from the fact that a foreign exchange student was running at State that year. Their #1 was Josh Tebeau who had one of the greatest kicks I have ever seen at the State track meet, when he kicked down a victory in the 1600 with a 22.9 ish last 200. Now I know reality does not allow for any "set in granite", "true matter of fact", definitive comparisons but it is fun to think and talk about these things. Lafayette certainly has it going in the right direction and their coaches are doing unbelievable things and are building a legacy. But I just felt like Potosi, Coach Steve Davis and those runners needed to be mentioned and remembered in a conversation of great teams in Missouri History.
Not to take anything away from anyone but to give a look to and props to the past. But who would have won between Lafayette (2015) and Potosi (2006). The Trojans averaged 16:00 with a 47 second 1-5 split. Their #3 was a sophmore coming in at 15:52. They scored 16 points and missed a perfect score from the fact that a foreign exchange student was running at State that year. Their #1 was Josh Tebeau who had one of the greatest kicks I have ever seen at the State track meet, when he kicked down a victory in the 1600 with a 22.9 ish last 200.
Now I know reality does not allow for any "set in granite", "true matter of fact", definitive comparisons but it is fun to think and talk about these things. Lafayette certainly has it going in the right direction and their coaches are doing unbelievable things and are building a legacy. But I just felt like Potosi, Coach Steve Davis and those runners needed to be mentioned and remembered in a conversation of great teams in Missouri History.
11/08/2015 4:24:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I had the pleasure of being able to watch Lafayette race numerous times this season with being in the same conference and sectional. As good as they were yesterday at State, I feel like that wasn’t one of the best performances this year. I actually thought they were going to be even more dominant at State than they were.
I had the pleasure of being able to watch Lafayette race numerous times this season with being in the same conference and sectional. As good as they were yesterday at State, I feel like that wasn't one of the best performances this year. I actually thought they were going to be even more dominant at State than they were.
11/09/2015 9:30:01 AM
User
Lafayette boys got the job done yesterday. However, I did not expect that they would run out of their minds. Having some familiarity with Sean O'Connor and his training philosophy, especially from his presentations at the MTCCCA Clinic last year, I bet those boys are set up to peak next week in Terre Haute.
Lafayette boys got the job done yesterday. However, I did not expect that they would run out of their minds. Having some familiarity with Sean O'Connor and his training philosophy, especially from his presentations at the MTCCCA Clinic last year, I bet those boys are set up to peak next week in Terre Haute.
11/09/2015 10:58:27 PM
User
yep
yep
11/10/2015 7:03:53 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=BearCatsTrack]Lafayette boys got the job done yesterday. However, I did not expect that they would run out of their minds. Having some familiarity with Sean O'Connor and his training philosophy, especially from his presentations at the MTCCCA Clinic last year, I bet those boys are set up to peak next week in Terre Haute.[/quote] @BearCatsTrack That’s what I was going to say, but didn’t want to say something I didn’t know. My assumption all along was that the ultimate goal is in Oregon in early December.
BearCatsTrack wrote:

@BearCatsTrack

That's what I was going to say, but didn't want to say something I didn't know. My assumption all along was that the ultimate goal is in Oregon in early December.
11/10/2015 8:32:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As the head coach at Saint Thomas Aquinas let me just say that I'm flattered to be in this conversation but my hat is off to Lafayette. They definitely got us on the head to head at Forest Park this year. I wish them the very best of luck at Nike this weekend and hope to see them compete at NXN. Our boys are awfully tough and I believe that they'll make a strong statement in South Dakota at the Heartland regional. Good luck to everyone pursuing postseason dreams!
As the head coach at Saint Thomas Aquinas let me just say that I'm flattered to be in this conversation but my hat is off to Lafayette. They definitely got us on the head to head at Forest Park this year. I wish them the very best of luck at Nike this weekend and hope to see them compete at NXN. Our boys are awfully tough and I believe that they'll make a strong statement in South Dakota at the Heartland regional.

Good luck to everyone pursuing postseason dreams!
11/12/2015 1:44:59 PM
Coach
@JIMKASTEN I remember that kick well. I believe I had one of the best, or worst, seats in the house.
@JIMKASTEN I remember that kick well. I believe I had one of the best, or worst, seats in the house.
11/12/2015 8:25:15 PM
Coach
Yep! Sorry about that Buddie!
Yep! Sorry about that Buddie!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.