2018 FACA Track & Field Coaches Clinic - Daytona Beach January 4 - 7
11/29/2017 5:59:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The 2018 FACA Track and Field Coaches Clinic will again be held at the Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanfront. The traditional classroom clinic will begin Thursday afternoon, January 4th and will conclude on Saturday, January 6 at lunchtime. The FACA+ "Learn By Doing" clinic, which is available to coaches and athletes will be Saturday afternoon and during the day Sunday at Embry Riddle University. More information can be found at FACATrackClinic.com. The full schedule for the traditional and FACA+ clinics will be published within a week. Speaker bios are already up on the site. This years speakers will include Boo Schexnayder, Houston Franks, Dr Mike Young, Mike Judge and others. I will periodically post information here as we get closer to the clinic. I encourage you to book your rooms early, while they are still available. We sold out quickly last year. Dan Dearing FACA Track & Field Chairman
The 2018 FACA Track and Field Coaches Clinic will again be held at the Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanfront. The traditional classroom clinic will begin Thursday afternoon, January 4th and will conclude on Saturday, January 6 at lunchtime. The FACA+ "Learn By Doing" clinic, which is available to coaches and athletes will be Saturday afternoon and during the day Sunday at Embry Riddle University.

More information can be found at FACATrackClinic.com. The full schedule for the traditional and FACA+ clinics will be published within a week. Speaker bios are already up on the site.

This years speakers will include Boo Schexnayder, Houston Franks, Dr Mike Young, Mike Judge and others. I will periodically post information here as we get closer to the clinic.

I encourage you to book your rooms early, while they are still available. We sold out quickly last year.

Dan Dearing
FACA Track & Field Chairman
12/01/2017 1:57:00 PM
Coach
Thanks, Dan!! Already reserved. Great line-up of speakers. Everyone should attend. These clinics are more than just learning opportunities. They are opportunities to meet and share ideas with a variety of coaches in a relaxed and congenial environment. There is a lot to talk about regarding our sport, and the coaches at this clinic are usually the ones that have the most impact on how we adapt to a very challenging environment for track and field. Please plan on attending.
Thanks, Dan!! Already reserved. Great line-up of speakers. Everyone should attend. These clinics are more than just learning opportunities. They are opportunities to meet and share ideas with a variety of coaches in a relaxed and congenial environment. There is a lot to talk about regarding our sport, and the coaches at this clinic are usually the ones that have the most impact on how we adapt to a very challenging environment for track and field.
Please plan on attending.
12/01/2017 5:22:04 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@dddd Wow! Dr. Young is a great coach/teacher! I heard him give a presentation at a speed summit in Chicago a few years ago and I follow him on several online sites.
@dddd Wow! Dr. Young is a great coach/teacher! I heard him give a presentation at a speed summit in Chicago a few years ago and I follow him on several online sites.
12/11/2017 11:45:41 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
UPDATE: We have finalized the schedule for speakers and opened up registration for the FACA+ clinic. In addition to the speakers listed above, we have added a session with Chris Solinski on Friday afternoon. You can find all of the information here: http://www.facatrackclinic.com If you typically come to the FACA Clinic, but have never brought athletes to the FACA+ clinic, I encourage you to give it a try. Those that do come each year, tell us afterwards how much they learned and promise to come back next year with more of their team. This is a chance for both you and your athletes to learn from each of our clinic instructors on the track for two days. There is event specific instruction for every event group except distance runners. To get a chance to learn acceleration mechanics from Dr. Mike Young and Jason Bean, or receive jumping event instruction from Boo Schexnayder, or receive throwing event instruction from Mike Judge can be an invaluable experience for High School athletes and coaches. I hope to see many of you there.
UPDATE:

We have finalized the schedule for speakers and opened up registration for the FACA+ clinic. In addition to the speakers listed above, we have added a session with Chris Solinski on Friday afternoon. You can find all of the information here:
http://www.facatrackclinic.com

If you typically come to the FACA Clinic, but have never brought athletes to the FACA+ clinic, I encourage you to give it a try. Those that do come each year, tell us afterwards how much they learned and promise to come back next year with more of their team.

This is a chance for both you and your athletes to learn from each of our clinic instructors on the track for two days. There is event specific instruction for every event group except distance runners. To get a chance to learn acceleration mechanics from Dr. Mike Young and Jason Bean, or receive jumping event instruction from Boo Schexnayder, or receive throwing event instruction from Mike Judge can be an invaluable experience for High School athletes and coaches. I hope to see many of you there.
12/16/2017 8:06:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks Dan for another great clinic line up. Make sure to reserve your room ASAP if you have not already. SEE BELOW. ALso CONGRATS to all of the Florida Track & Field Hall of Fame Inductees, Special Award Winners and Coaches of the Year. Hall of Fame: -Alice Bennett-Sims -Lorraine Deleveaux -Derrick Monroe Philip Rolle -Ira Welborn Special Service Awards: Ronald L. Book Distinguished Service Award - Carol Hardemon Jimmy Carnes Lifetime Achievement Award - Keith Brantley The 2016-2017 Coaches of the Year are listed below:(Career Award) Boys Track - Pat Campbell, Merritt Island Girls Track - Erin McCray, Miami Southridge Girls Cross Country - Kristen McWilliams, Winter Park Boys Cross Country - James Travieso, Ocala Vanguard Jan 4-6, 2018 Spring Sports Clinic – Track, Athletic Directors, Weightlifting, Flag Football, Swimming Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanwalk Resort, 100 N. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL (386) 254-8200. Room rate is $99.00 night or double. The Hilton offers FREE self parking and $10.00 Valet, a coach reception and FREE internet in all rooms. The hotel is walking distance to the Wing House, Sloppy Joes and Bubba Gump’s. Cutoff date to make reservations is Dec. 14, 2017. Join us in Daytona at this gorgeous resort. www.daytonahilton.com.
Thanks Dan for another great clinic line up. Make sure to reserve your room ASAP if you have not already. SEE BELOW.

ALso CONGRATS to all of the Florida Track & Field Hall of Fame Inductees, Special Award Winners and Coaches of the Year.

Hall of Fame:
-Alice Bennett-Sims
-Lorraine Deleveaux
-Derrick Monroe
Philip Rolle
-Ira Welborn

Special Service Awards:
Ronald L. Book Distinguished Service Award - Carol Hardemon
Jimmy Carnes Lifetime Achievement Award - Keith Brantley

The 2016-2017 Coaches of the Year are listed below:(Career Award)
Boys Track - Pat Campbell, Merritt Island
Girls Track - Erin McCray, Miami Southridge
Girls Cross Country - Kristen McWilliams, Winter Park
Boys Cross Country - James Travieso, Ocala Vanguard

Jan 4-6, 2018
Spring Sports Clinic -- Track, Athletic Directors, Weightlifting, Flag Football, Swimming
Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanwalk Resort, 100 N. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL (386) 254-8200. Room rate is $99.00 night or double. The Hilton offers FREE self parking and $10.00 Valet, a coach reception and FREE internet in all rooms. The hotel is walking distance to the Wing House, Sloppy Joes and Bubba Gump's. Cutoff date to make reservations is Dec. 14, 2017. Join us in Daytona at this gorgeous resort. www.daytonahilton.com.
12/27/2017 3:37:12 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@dddd Any chance you can expand the block? Just got approval from my school to go, but we missed the special rate deadline. The hotel says they still have rooms, but to get the special rate the person coordinating everything would have to contact them.
@dddd Any chance you can expand the block? Just got approval from my school to go, but we missed the special rate deadline. The hotel says they still have rooms, but to get the special rate the person coordinating everything would have to contact them.
12/27/2017 8:11:17 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@JacksonB uh.....Priceline!
@JacksonB

uh.....Priceline!
01/02/2018 7:38:35 AM
Power User
Coaches, We will be setup in the vendor area this year getting your district templates setup so stop by if you are hosting and make sure we are ready to go this season! We are also showing MeetPro which is an alternative to HyTek. So far we are impressed. Travel safe and see everyone in Daytona!
Coaches,
We will be setup in the vendor area this year getting your district templates setup so stop by if you are hosting and make sure we are ready to go this season!

We are also showing MeetPro which is an alternative to HyTek. So far we are impressed.

Travel safe and see everyone in Daytona!
01/02/2018 11:23:59 AM
Power User
Coaches, We will be setup in the vendor area this year getting your district templates setup so stop by if you are hosting and make sure we are ready to go this season! We are also showing MeetPro which is an alternative to HyTek. So far we are impressed. Travel safe and see everyone in Daytona!
Coaches,
We will be setup in the vendor area this year getting your district templates setup so stop by if you are hosting and make sure we are ready to go this season!

We are also showing MeetPro which is an alternative to HyTek. So far we are impressed.

Travel safe and see everyone in Daytona!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.