MS Boys Short Hurdle
12/20/2018 3:01:22 PM
Admin
What distance do MS boys run short hurdles? Is it 110 or 100 meters. I was under the impression MS boys run in 100m hurdles. USATF only run 100m hurdles for ages under 15 years old. As a timer, I get many meet schedules with 110m hurdles for MS.
What distance do MS boys run short hurdles? Is it 110 or 100 meters. I was under the impression MS boys run in 100m hurdles. USATF only run 100m hurdles for ages under 15 years old. As a timer, I get many meet schedules with 110m hurdles for MS.
12/21/2018 11:58:29 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@plogan40 I think it depends on the area of the state and the conference/league that the MS team is a member of. The conference that our school was a member recently moved to the 110H at a modified height. Before then they ran they 100H. One of the biggest reasons why we changed to the 110H was the safety of the kids especially the older and larger kids (mainly 8th graders). The distance between the hurdles for those kids was to difficult to navigate. In my opinion since our conference made the move to the 110H the quality of the hurdling that we have produced has been better.
@plogan40

I think it depends on the area of the state and the conference/league that the MS team is a member of. The conference that our school was a member recently moved to the 110H at a modified height. Before then they ran they 100H.

One of the biggest reasons why we changed to the 110H was the safety of the kids especially the older and larger kids (mainly 8th graders). The distance between the hurdles for those kids was to difficult to navigate. In my opinion since our conference made the move to the 110H the quality of the hurdling that we have produced has been better.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.