Summer Training Runs in Tampa
05/13/2009 1:13:56 PM
User
If anyone is looking to get together to do some training runs this summer in the Tampa area there will be the following opportunities: Monday-Thursday 7:00pm @ the Running Center starting May 18th (in particular there will be large groups of high school runners on the Monday nights) Sundays 7:00am @ Flatwoods (Trout Creek entrance on Morris Bridge Road) Various ages and abilities. There will be people consistently running anywhere from 6:30-10:00 per mile and distances of 3-10 miles during the week, or up to 16 on sunday mornings. I also will likely be spending some significant time up in Land O Lakes and St Petersburg this summer, and possily at Lake Park/Lake Rodgers Park so if anyone is doing any regular runs at any of those locations please send me a message and/or add to this thread. Remember, state championships are won in the summer ;)
If anyone is looking to get together to do some training runs this summer in the Tampa area there will be the following opportunities:

Monday-Thursday 7:00pm @ the Running Center starting May 18th
(in particular there will be large groups of high school runners on the Monday nights)

Sundays 7:00am @ Flatwoods (Trout Creek entrance on Morris Bridge Road)

Various ages and abilities. There will be people consistently running anywhere from 6:30-10:00 per mile and distances of 3-10 miles during the week, or up to 16 on sunday mornings.

I also will likely be spending some significant time up in Land O Lakes and St Petersburg this summer, and possily at Lake Park/Lake Rodgers Park so if anyone is doing any regular runs
at any of those locations please send me a message and/or add to this thread.

Remember, state championships are won in the summer ;)
05/13/2009 2:21:25 PM
Power User
Lee, IMHO, state championships can be LOST in the summer....
Lee, IMHO, state championships can be LOST in the summer....
05/14/2009 8:02:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
for trout creek do you mean the east side of morris bridge where it is just woods or the west side where there is a full park you go into?
for trout creek do you mean the east side of morris bridge where it is just woods or the west side where there is a full park you go into?
05/14/2009 2:29:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach, Seffner Christian would be interested in running on Monday nights
Coach,

Seffner Christian would be interested in running on Monday nights
05/14/2009 3:46:56 PM
User
Head east of I-75 on Fletcher/Morris Bridge, then take the park entrance on your left just after crossing over the canal. The parking lot is about a mile from the main road. There are bathroom facilities and a water fountain. We'd be happy to have the company of any high school/college runners in the area.
Head east of I-75 on Fletcher/Morris Bridge, then take the park entrance on your left just after crossing over the canal. The parking lot is about a mile from the main road. There are bathroom facilities and a water fountain.

We'd be happy to have the company of any high school/college runners in the area.
05/15/2009 2:02:10 PM
User
Since I live 5 mins from the trails, I'll be out there 7am, Mon and Weds-Sat at either Morris Trails, Trout Creek, Morris Bridge or Flatwoods. Feel free to contact me via flrunners or facebook.
Since I live 5 mins from the trails, I'll be out there 7am, Mon and Weds-Sat at either Morris Trails, Trout Creek, Morris Bridge or Flatwoods. Feel free to contact me via flrunners or facebook.
05/18/2009 7:32:18 AM
User
I would love to join in on monday runs! Do you think there will be any girls or moderate paced boys? I am in desperate need of people to train with. Sydney
I would love to join in on monday runs! Do you think there will be any girls or moderate paced boys? I am in desperate need of people to train with.

Sydney
05/18/2009 10:11:16 AM
User
There are always at least a couple guys running 7:00-7:30 per mile, and a couple girls running 8:00-8:30 per mile. Once school gets out the numbers and range of pace will increase substantially.
There are always at least a couple guys running 7:00-7:30 per mile, and a couple girls running 8:00-8:30 per mile. Once school gets out the numbers and range of pace will increase substantially.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.