Hillsborough County Coaches- Hill Workouts
07/22/2009 8:27:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Are there any Hillsborough County coaches that know somewhere in the county to do hill workouts- either short or long? I have heard that there is somewhere in the FishHawk area called Indian Hills, but not sure.
Are there any Hillsborough County coaches that know somewhere in the county to do hill workouts- either short or long? I have heard that there is somewhere in the FishHawk area called Indian Hills, but not sure.
07/23/2009 9:12:50 AM
Coach
There are some good hills in Thonotosassa where they would run the EL Bing 5k. Some really good 1/4+ mile hills!
There are some good hills in Thonotosassa where they would run the EL Bing 5k. Some really good 1/4+ mile hills!
07/23/2009 10:07:12 AM
User
If you want some super intense hills theres a place 45 mins away from USF located at Hayman Rd and Batten Rd. There is a ten mile loop all on road that has hills so steep that you cant help but sprinting down them. The entire route is very hilly.
If you want some super intense hills theres a place 45 mins away from USF located at Hayman Rd and Batten Rd. There is a ten mile loop all on road that has hills so steep that you cant help but sprinting down them. The entire route is very hilly.
07/23/2009 2:45:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I sent a private message regarding Temple Terrace area, but I don't have a specific course. Can anyone help with a course. I've run a sprint triathlon and a 5K that started at the rec center and included hills.
I sent a private message regarding Temple Terrace area, but I don't have a specific course. Can anyone help with a course. I've run a sprint triathlon and a 5K that started at the rec center and included hills.
07/23/2009 6:25:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=CoachHoward]I sent a private message regarding Temple Terrace area, but I don't have a specific course. Can anyone help with a course. I've run a sprint triathlon and a 5K that started at the rec center and included hills.[/quote] Just go to the Tampa Bay Runners website, they meet there Sunday in the AM and use the same course. It's marked, shaded, has rolling hills and numerous water-stops. One of the nicest paved courses in our area. The course starts right behind the library and firehouse off of 56th street, You can park behind there and cross the street to get to the start.
CoachHoward wrote:

Just go to the Tampa Bay Runners website, they meet there Sunday in the AM and use the same course. It's marked, shaded, has rolling hills and numerous water-stops. One of the nicest paved courses in our area.

The course starts right behind the library and firehouse off of 56th street, You can park behind there and cross the street to get to the start.
07/23/2009 8:22:12 PM
User
These come to mind: San Antonio, Crooms Trail, Temple Terrace, Brooksville, some of the USF campus, Thononasasa(sp). I've run them all over the past 20 years. Pancake breakfast after a 15-20 miler is always good.
These come to mind: San Antonio, Crooms Trail, Temple Terrace, Brooksville, some of the USF campus, Thononasasa(sp). I've run them all over the past 20 years. Pancake breakfast after a 15-20 miler is always good.
07/23/2009 8:26:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Tried to go to Tampa Bay Runners Club, and was not able to click on anything once i got on the web site
Tried to go to Tampa Bay Runners Club, and was not able to click on anything once i got on the web site
07/23/2009 10:35:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The site was incompatible with Firefox. Used IE and it worked fine. Here's the direction to the start of their Sunday run. Maybe you or someone could go one Sunday then you would know the course. [b]"The Sunday Morning Group Runs take place at 7 AM sharp. Please arrive a few minutes early to socialize and determine who will be running your desired distance and speed. The location of the Sunday morning run is in Temple Terrace just behind the Temple Terrace Library off Bullard Pkwy at the Temple Terrace Elementary School. There is ample parking at the School. Course and Distances: There are 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 mile routes are all marked with directional arrows and accurate mile markers. The course is shaded and absolutely beautiful with virtually no traffic. Water stops are available along the courses. How to get there: Directions to the Sunday Morning Runs are as follows: Starting from 56th Street and Bullard Pkwy. (Busch Blvd turns into Bullard Pkwy at the 56th Street intersection) 1) proceed East on Bullard Pkwy to first road on left, Ridgedale Rd and turn LEFT. 2) go to first road on left, Flotto Avenue and turn LEFT. 3) the school and parking lot will be on your right." [/b][i][/i]
The site was incompatible with Firefox. Used IE and it worked fine. Here's the direction to the start of their Sunday run. Maybe you or someone could go one Sunday then you would know the course.

"The Sunday Morning Group Runs take place at 7 AM sharp. Please arrive a few minutes early to socialize and determine who will be running your desired distance and speed. The location of the Sunday morning run is in Temple Terrace just behind the Temple Terrace Library off Bullard Pkwy at the Temple Terrace Elementary School. There is ample parking at the School.

Course and Distances:

There are 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 mile routes are all marked with directional arrows and accurate mile markers. The course is shaded and absolutely beautiful with virtually no traffic. Water stops are available along the courses.

How to get there:

Directions to the Sunday Morning Runs are as follows:

Starting from 56th Street and Bullard Pkwy. (Busch Blvd turns into Bullard Pkwy at the 56th Street intersection)

1) proceed East on Bullard Pkwy to first road on left, Ridgedale Rd and turn LEFT.

2) go to first road on left, Flotto Avenue and turn LEFT.

3) the school and parking lot will be on your right."
07/24/2009 7:23:07 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks Coach Howard
Thanks Coach Howard
07/26/2009 5:30:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=CoachHoward]The site was incompatible with Firefox. Used IE and it worked fine. Here's the direction to the start of their Sunday run. Maybe you or someone could go one Sunday then you would know the course. "The Sunday Morning Group Runs take place at 7 AM sharp. Please arrive a few minutes early to socialize and determine who will be running your desired distance and speed. The location of the Sunday morning run is in Temple Terrace just behind the Temple Terrace Library off Bullard Pkwy at the Temple Terrace Elementary School. There is ample parking at the School. Course and Distances: There are 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 mile routes are all marked with directional arrows and accurate mile markers. The course is shaded and absolutely beautiful with virtually no traffic. Water stops are available along the courses. How to get there: Directions to the Sunday Morning Runs are as follows: Starting from 56th Street and Bullard Pkwy. (Busch Blvd turns into Bullard Pkwy at the 56th Street intersection) 1) proceed East on Bullard Pkwy to first road on left, Ridgedale Rd and turn LEFT. 2) go to first road on left, Flotto Avenue and turn LEFT. 3) the school and parking lot will be on your right." [/quote]
CoachHoward wrote:
The site was incompatible with Firefox. Used IE and it worked fine. Here's the direction to the start of their Sunday run. Maybe you or someone could go one Sunday then you would know the course.

"The Sunday Morning Group Runs take place at 7 AM sharp. Please arrive a few minutes early to socialize and determine who will be running your desired distance and speed. The location of the Sunday morning run is in Temple Terrace just behind the Temple Terrace Library off Bullard Pkwy at the Temple Terrace Elementary School. There is ample parking at the School.

Course and Distances:

There are 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 mile routes are all marked with directional arrows and accurate mile markers. The course is shaded and absolutely beautiful with virtually no traffic. Water stops are available along the courses.

How to get there:

Directions to the Sunday Morning Runs are as follows:

Starting from 56th Street and Bullard Pkwy. (Busch Blvd turns into Bullard Pkwy at the 56th Street intersection)

1) proceed East on Bullard Pkwy to first road on left, Ridgedale Rd and turn LEFT.

2) go to first road on left, Flotto Avenue and turn LEFT.

3) the school and parking lot will be on your right."
07/26/2009 5:38:09 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Andy coach Gary from King, meet me monday at 6:30 temple terrace rec center on Whiteway I can show you some routes, that is where I live and have run for 15yrs. I can give you any 400 and up you would like. You can also reach me at Allen Sports for info as well. I have 2m loop that will do your team just right!!
Andy coach Gary from King, meet me monday at 6:30 temple terrace rec center on Whiteway I can show you some routes, that is where I live and have run for 15yrs. I can give you any 400 and up you would like. You can also reach me at Allen Sports for info as well. I have 2m loop that will do your team just right!!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.