Novian Middleton
04/17/2010 9:36:37 AM
Coach
His performance last night at Orange county's ridiculous attempt to have a conference meet, was phenomenal. As great of a runner as I've always considered him I just didn't think he would have enough in the tank to run with the anchor legs of some very good 4x400 relay teams. But after winning the 800 in 1:54, winning the 2mile (9:34) in a strong finish having to out kick another of our states best Phil Duncan, he turned in a truly heroic performance as the anchor for his relay team. His split was at least 49 but very easily could have been a 48. Watching him in the last 50 meters it seemed as if he had endless gears.
His performance last night at Orange county's ridiculous attempt to have a conference meet, was phenomenal.

As great of a runner as I've always considered him I just didn't think he would have enough in the tank to run with the anchor legs of some very good 4x400 relay teams. But after winning the 800 in 1:54, winning the 2mile (9:34) in a strong finish having to out kick another of our states best Phil Duncan, he turned in a truly heroic performance as the anchor for his relay team. His split was at least 49 but very easily could have been a 48. Watching him in the last 50 meters it seemed as if he had endless gears.
04/17/2010 10:09:04 AM
User
Novian is a smart and experienced runner. I would be shocked if his goal was not just to win each race with as little energy expended as possible. That would probably be the reason he outkicked duncan in the 3200 and didn't try to dominate the whole race. As far as the 400 split it really doesn't suprise me because he is a 1:54 guy and he was competing for the win and for his team. I know that if Novian is like me I always ran my best when competing for a relay team as opposed to myself. With all that being said though Novian is a BEAST.
Novian is a smart and experienced runner. I would be shocked if his goal was not just to win each race with as little energy expended as possible. That would probably be the reason he outkicked duncan in the 3200 and didn't try to dominate the whole race. As far as the 400 split it really doesn't suprise me because he is a 1:54 guy and he was competing for the win and for his team. I know that if Novian is like me I always ran my best when competing for a relay team as opposed to myself. With all that being said though Novian is a BEAST.
04/17/2010 10:35:56 AM
User
I told Novian two years ago when i first met him at Warrior Running Camp that he had the potential to be great...Its awesome to really see him fulfilling his potential now. The kid has the tools to really do some great things in running! Keep it up Novian!
I told Novian two years ago when i first met him at Warrior Running Camp that he had the potential to be great...Its awesome to really see him fulfilling his potential now. The kid has the tools to really do some great things in running! Keep it up Novian!
04/17/2010 1:17:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm glad someone started this post, because that was truly "one for the ages" last night. Running a 1:54, coming back within a half an hour and running a 29 second last 200M of the 3200 to blow by a very game (and talented) Phil Duncan to win that in 9:34 and then anchor the 4 x 400 a half hour after that to win (in 3:20-I had his split in the 48's) in a very competitive race (DP was 3rd going into the anchor).... Bear in mind, Novian didn't even run until track season of his sophomore year. I still don't think he understands how good he is or can be, but he's obviously getting there (ran a 4:13 1600 at Fl Relays & 9:15 3200 at FSU Invite). I have a personal interest in this young man because he started running for DP when my oldest son was a Sr (and somewhat of a mentor for Novian)at DP and now that Novian is a Sr, he turned it around to be somewhat of a mentor for my middle son (a sophomore at Olympia). I thanked him for dragging the middle boy to a PR of 1:56.x in the 800 race last night.... He's a great runner, and more importantly, a great person (as is his Dad). Next 3 weeks should be fun to watch! [woot]
I'm glad someone started this post, because that was truly "one for the ages" last night. Running a 1:54, coming back within a half an hour and running a 29 second last 200M of the 3200 to blow by a very game (and talented) Phil Duncan to win that in 9:34 and then anchor the 4 x 400 a half hour after that to win (in 3:20-I had his split in the 48's) in a very competitive race (DP was 3rd going into the anchor)....

Bear in mind, Novian didn't even run until track season of his sophomore year. I still don't think he understands how good he is or can be, but he's obviously getting there (ran a 4:13 1600 at Fl Relays & 9:15 3200 at FSU Invite).

I have a personal interest in this young man because he started running for DP when my oldest son was a Sr (and somewhat of a mentor for Novian)at DP and now that Novian is a Sr, he turned it around to be somewhat of a mentor for my middle son (a sophomore at Olympia). I thanked him for dragging the middle boy to a PR of 1:56.x in the 800 race last night....

He's a great runner, and more importantly, a great person (as is his Dad). Next 3 weeks should be fun to watch!

04/17/2010 9:45:07 PM
User
[quote=jdpsu] Bear in mind, Novian didn't even run until track season of his sophomore year. I still don't think he understands how good he is or can be, but he's obviously getting there (ran a 4:13 1600 at Fl Relays & 9:15 3200 at FSU Invite). [/quote] Sometimes not knowing how good you are or can be is a good thing. In my experience usually the less someone knows about running seemingly the better they run. Congrats Novian on a sick anchor leg and meet in general and good luck to all in the state championship series
jdpsu wrote:

Bear in mind, Novian didn't even run until track season of his sophomore year. I still don't think he understands how good he is or can be, but he's obviously getting there (ran a 4:13 1600 at Fl Relays & 9:15 3200 at FSU Invite).

Sometimes not knowing how good you are or can be is a good thing. In my experience usually the less someone knows about running seemingly the better they run. Congrats Novian on a sick anchor leg and meet in general and good luck to all in the state championship series
04/19/2010 10:21:06 AM
User
THANKS FOR THE MOMENTS - It was truly an amazing night - Lets not forget that Angie and Lenny are amazing coaches [woot]
THANKS FOR THE MOMENTS - It was truly an amazing night - Lets not forget that Angie and Lenny are amazing coaches

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.