2A region 2 track and field site
01/18/2012 5:31:01 PM
User
What school will it be at?
What school will it be at?
01/19/2012 11:23:10 AM
Coach
It will be held concurrently with the Region 1 meet at Bolles, Thursday, April 19. Coach Dearing will publish a special schedule so the two can be run together. Makes for a great day of track and side-by-side comparisons!
It will be held concurrently with the Region 1 meet at Bolles, Thursday, April 19.

Coach Dearing will publish a special schedule so the two can be run together.

Makes for a great day of track and side-by-side comparisons!
01/21/2012 8:40:54 AM
Coach
[quote=gpc3]It will be held concurrently with the Region 1 meet at Bolles, Thursday, April 19. Coach Dearing will publish a special schedule so the two can be run together. Makes for a great day of track and side-by-side comparisons![/quote] @gpc3 And a VERY long day...
gpc3 wrote:
It will be held concurrently with the Region 1 meet at Bolles, Thursday, April 19.

Coach Dearing will publish a special schedule so the two can be run together.

Makes for a great day of track and side-by-side comparisons!

@gpc3 And a VERY long day...
01/21/2012 11:51:26 AM
Coach
[quote=nmmeans]@gpc3 And a VERY long day...[/quote] Yes and no. The start and end times are the same as a one Region meet - there's just no down-time.
nmmeans wrote:
@gpc3 And a VERY long day...

Yes and no. The start and end times are the same as a one Region meet - there's just no down-time.
01/22/2012 6:51:08 AM
Coach
@gpc3 I was more referring to the geographic niceties of forcing the panhandle schools to travel all the way over to Jacksonville, and an entire region travelling outside itself for its own regional meet. And has the parking situation at Bolles improved any, or is San Jose Boulevard still the primary parking lot for the crowds of two regional meets?
@gpc3 I was more referring to the geographic niceties of forcing the panhandle schools to travel all the way over to Jacksonville, and an entire region travelling outside itself for its own regional meet. And has the parking situation at Bolles improved any, or is San Jose Boulevard still the primary parking lot for the crowds of two regional meets?
01/23/2012 12:56:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Interestingly, the schools that are in our region will have to travel farther than those that are not in our Region. Yes, we have come to an arrangement with the church next door for them to offer parking. We are also going to supply a shuttle for the entire length of the meet from a very large parking lot about 3/4 mile away. This should improve on the parking for those coming to watch the meet. Competitor busses will still be parked on campus. As far as the length of the meet, we will start the field events a little earlier than a standard regional meet, but will still finish before 10:00. I believe that we have finalized the schedule and it will be posted soon.
Interestingly, the schools that are in our region will have to travel farther than those that are not in our Region.
Yes, we have come to an arrangement with the church next door for them to offer parking. We are also going to supply a shuttle for the entire length of the meet from a very large parking lot about 3/4 mile away. This should improve on the parking for those coming to watch the meet. Competitor busses will still be parked on campus.

As far as the length of the meet, we will start the field events a little earlier than a standard regional meet, but will still finish before 10:00. I believe that we have finalized the schedule and it will be posted soon.
01/23/2012 1:26:02 PM
Coach
[quote=nmmeans]@gpc3 I was more referring to the geographic niceties of forcing the panhandle schools to travel all the way over to Jacksonville, and an entire region travelling outside itself for its own regional meet.[/quote] And don't think that I don't appreciate the fact that my District and Region and State meets are all short drives from my school! I would hate to have to go to Pensacola, so I totally commiserate with them and as one of the host officials for 1A, 3A, and 4A (I'll be a coach at the 2A (I hope!)), I will do my utmost to make things go as smoothly and hospitably as possible!
nmmeans wrote:
@gpc3 I was more referring to the geographic niceties of forcing the panhandle schools to travel all the way over to Jacksonville, and an entire region travelling outside itself for its own regional meet.

And don't think that I don't appreciate the fact that my District and Region and State meets are all short drives from my school! I would hate to have to go to Pensacola, so I totally commiserate with them and as one of the host officials for 1A, 3A, and 4A (I'll be a coach at the 2A (I hope!)), I will do my utmost to make things go as smoothly and hospitably as possible!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.