Aslynn Halvorson's Discus Record smashed by Sequoia Watkins
03/23/2012 7:19:12 PM
User
Just saw a video wih Sequoia Watkins saying she wanted to smash Aslynn Halvorson's discus record? Goals are great to have, however, it appears that the more garbage you talk the more trash comes out of your mouth. Not only did she not smash the record, there are 5 other people ahead of her. The question is, when did you think you were going to break that record? Aslynn trained 20-25 hours a week taking that record. Aslynn peeled off callus after callus, because she threw sometimes 90-100 throws a day perfecting her craft. That's a task unfortunately Ms. Watkins was not ready to handle. Aslynn had habits that made her the thrower she was and is now. Number one, Aslynn was not a natural athlete, something Ms. Watkins was. Whatever Aslynn lacked in athleticism, she made up in commitment, work ethic, and positive mental attitude. Something Sequoia knew little about. Aslynn would train until late hours into the night perfecting a craft that she was passionate about. Did you really think you were going to surpass a record built on passion and fire and not flash. I have been silent for too long. I take the criticism because it is who I am. Everything I do and say isn't gold, but what I do I and did is and was for my athletes success! Your goal? My goal to make an athlete do what they thought they could not do. Make an athlete believe that they are better than what the world thinks of them. Yes we talked about weaknesses. To many people address strengths because they do not have the heart to address a weakness, because it would take too much work, to correct. Aslynn never had to talk on a interview about surpassing Kamorean Hayes's Discus record. Aslynn let that 1k metallic short cylinder be her voice. Put up or shut up and go put the work in.
Just saw a video wih Sequoia Watkins saying she wanted to smash Aslynn Halvorson's discus record? Goals are great to have, however, it appears that the more garbage you talk the more trash comes out of your mouth. Not only did she not smash the record, there are 5 other people ahead of her. The question is, when did you think you were going to break that record? Aslynn trained 20-25 hours a week taking that record. Aslynn peeled off callus after callus, because she threw sometimes 90-100 throws a day perfecting her craft. That's a task unfortunately Ms. Watkins was not ready to handle. Aslynn had habits that made her the thrower she was and is now. Number one, Aslynn was not a natural athlete, something Ms. Watkins was. Whatever Aslynn lacked in athleticism, she made up in commitment, work ethic, and positive mental attitude. Something Sequoia knew little about. Aslynn would train until late hours into the night perfecting a craft that she was passionate about. Did you really think you were going to surpass a record built on passion and fire and not flash. I have been silent for too long. I take the criticism because it is who I am. Everything I do and say isn't gold, but what I do I and did is and was for my athletes success! Your goal? My goal to make an athlete do what they thought they could not do. Make an athlete believe that they are better than what the world thinks of them. Yes we talked about weaknesses. To many people address strengths because they do not have the heart to address a weakness, because it would take too much work, to correct. Aslynn never had to talk on a interview about surpassing Kamorean Hayes's Discus record. Aslynn let that 1k metallic short cylinder be her voice. Put up or shut up and go put the work in.
03/23/2012 8:27:34 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@discusdon Really? That was a year ago.
@discusdon Really? That was a year ago.
03/27/2012 11:09:10 AM
User
Well now it has been addressed. Haven't been on here for a long time, but you have to admit, it was a lofty goal, and very bold considering, there are 3 people still ahead of her best throw. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is nothing until you back up what you say with action. The record still stands.
Well now it has been addressed. Haven't been on here for a long time, but you have to admit, it was a lofty goal, and very bold considering, there are 3 people still ahead of her best throw. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is nothing until you back up what you say with action. The record still stands.
03/28/2012 10:36:13 PM
User
@discusdon Where is this coming from?! Why would you bash a high school athlete?
@discusdon Where is this coming from?! Why would you bash a high school athlete?
03/29/2012 11:34:58 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Really, seems like this might be some type of personal agenda.....in any case; it demeans the accusor and not the recipiant. Seems like the true spirit of achievement is to shoot for the top...or as the cliche' goes.."Records are made to be broken..." and I'll add; " ...no record is sacred; they are made to motivate the next achiever...."
Really, seems like this might be some type of personal agenda.....in any case; it demeans the accusor and not the recipiant. Seems like the true spirit of achievement is to shoot for the top...or as the cliche' goes.."Records are made to be broken..." and I'll add; " ...no record is sacred; they are made to motivate the next achiever...."

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.