Article Comment: Advantages & Disadvantages of Private T&F/XC Coaches
07/23/2012 8:35:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Ironically we just posted an editorial tonight on this topic on flrunners http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/89561-the-road-to-hell-is-paved-with-good-intentions
Ironically we just posted an editorial tonight on this topic on flrunners

http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/89561-the-road-to-hell-is-paved-with-good-intentions
07/23/2012 9:10:08 PM
Coach
Interesting timing. As a former HS & college coach, and now a private coach, I could argue either side of this issue. I've chosen to do both; and believe that's where the truth lies.
Interesting timing. As a former HS & college coach, and now a private coach, I could argue either side of this issue. I've chosen to do both; and believe that's where the truth lies.
07/23/2012 9:40:53 PM
User
I could go both sides on this.
I could go both sides on this.
07/24/2012 12:06:22 PM
Coach
joelp. i've been a private coach to many runners of the last 10 yrs.who weren't getting the proper training and advice from their high school coaches. i've coached in college and high school the last 15yrs. many of these athletes are kids that workedwith me before high school and i got to know what worked for them. too many high school coaches are given these positions because they work in the school district. some coaches over-train or under train the athletes. it works in many other sports.
joelp. i've been a private coach to many runners of the last 10 yrs.who weren't getting the proper training and advice from their high school coaches. i've coached in college and high school the last 15yrs. many of these athletes are kids that workedwith me before high school and i got to know what worked for them. too many high school coaches are given these positions because they work in the school district. some coaches over-train or under train the athletes. it works in many other sports.
10/08/2012 12:10:20 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
As a coach who works with a team and is a private coach as well all the above topics are great points. I feel that the private coach should not interfere with a school coaches training unless the athlete is not a part of their school team, but also with the dearth of quality coaches around the average high school, top athletes usually need a bit of direction if they aren't getting it anywhere else.
As a coach who works with a team and is a private coach as well all the above topics are great points. I feel that the private coach should not interfere with a school coaches training unless the athlete is not a part of their school team, but also with the dearth of quality coaches around the average high school, top athletes usually need a bit of direction if they aren't getting it anywhere else.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.