3D Invite At Estero Community Park Aug 31st
04/29/2013 5:04:54 PM
Coach
Estero High School will be having the 1st Annual 3D Invite the first week of the season at Estero Community Park. This course is tough and has been the Conference, District and Regioal courses many times. It will be posted on Fl Runners within 2 working days. Will be a first class meet with First class awards. Hope to see you there. Coach Sommer 1-239-287-6482
Estero High School will be having the 1st Annual 3D Invite the first week of the season at Estero Community Park. This course is tough and has been the Conference, District and Regioal courses many times. It will be posted on Fl Runners within 2 working days. Will be a first class meet with First class awards. Hope to see you there. Coach Sommer 1-239-287-6482
04/29/2013 5:19:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach, Count North Port High School in coach.. Looking forward to a great meet sir.
Coach,
Count North Port High School in coach.. Looking forward to a great meet sir.
04/29/2013 5:30:04 PM
Coach
Thanks so much Coach. It will be first class just like your meet. We learned from the best
Thanks so much Coach. It will be first class just like your meet. We learned from the best
04/29/2013 6:06:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Man, would love to go to both of your meets, just a little too far out of our range!!!
Man, would love to go to both of your meets, just a little too far out of our range!!!
04/29/2013 7:03:35 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Coach_Loth]Man, would love to go to both of your meets, just a little too far out of our range!!![/quote] @Coach_Loth c'mon coach live a little. Pull the trigger brother. Just kidding I understand.. We both would love your attendance but sometimes it's just not possible.
Coach_Loth wrote:

@Coach_Loth c'mon coach live a little. Pull the trigger brother. Just kidding I understand.. We both would love your attendance but sometimes it's just not possible.
07/05/2013 2:26:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Is there a map of your course so that we can at least get an idea of what we are running? Thanks
Is there a map of your course so that we can at least get an idea of what we are running? Thanks
07/05/2013 3:24:57 PM
Coach
@bing28 - A map doesn't do the course justice! Big mound/hill 200 meters out lots of winding turns and the "sandpit of doom" just as you finish the first loop all make this course a challenge and memorable once your team runs it. Coach Sommer has created a great course, so if you are on the fence, find a way to bring your team and you will not regret racing here.
@bing28 - A map doesn't do the course justice! Big mound/hill 200 meters out lots of winding turns and the "sandpit of doom" just as you finish the first loop all make this course a challenge and memorable once your team runs it. Coach Sommer has created a great course, so if you are on the fence, find a way to bring your team and you will not regret racing here.
07/06/2013 7:30:10 AM
User
@bing28 Coaches, The Map is posted. Go to the Calendar event. Open up the page. Click the top where it says Estero Community Park. go to the bottom of the page, the map is there. Coach Bobby Tyler
@bing28

Coaches, The Map is posted. Go to the Calendar event. Open up the page. Click the top where it says Estero Community Park. go to the bottom of the page, the map is there.
Coach Bobby Tyler
07/06/2013 7:42:21 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@bo1974ty Thanks for the map! Question on the design of the course it looks as though there is plenty of space for a course that would produce better times and be a closer fit or equal to that of other district and regional courses. Thanks!
@bo1974ty Thanks for the map! Question on the design of the course it looks as though there is plenty of space for a course that would produce better times and be a closer fit or equal to that of other district and regional courses. Thanks!
07/07/2013 10:13:13 AM
Power User
@bing28 Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole idea of designing a cross country course is to have it replicate the diverse terrain found in the local environment including obstacles, water, etc, and not to just promote fast times? After all the course is really what separates CC from track, isn't it? Here in southwest FL we are blessed with a couple of courses that challenge harriers with hill climbs, difficult surface variations, sharp switchbacks, and the like. Larry & Penny Thompson park in Miami, Veteran's Park in Lehigh Acres, McIntosh Middle school in Sarasota and the course in question Estero Community park in Estero. These are some of the best truly tough courses in the state and a real test of cross country competition. Sure you won't find but a handful of really fast times but if you look at the course stats you will find some of the top names in the state, proving that what doesn't kill you, certainly makes you stronger. ~Twangster
@bing28 Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole idea of designing a cross country course is to have it replicate the diverse terrain found in the local environment including obstacles, water, etc, and not to just promote fast times? After all the course is really what separates CC from track, isn't it? Here in southwest FL we are blessed with a couple of courses that challenge harriers with hill climbs, difficult surface variations, sharp switchbacks, and the like. Larry & Penny Thompson park in Miami, Veteran's Park in Lehigh Acres, McIntosh Middle school in Sarasota and the course in question Estero Community park in Estero. These are some of the best truly tough courses in the state and a real test of cross country competition. Sure you won't find but a handful of really fast times but if you look at the course stats you will find some of the top names in the state, proving that what doesn't kill you, certainly makes you stronger.

~Twangster
07/07/2013 11:46:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@twangster You're correct in saying a course is supposed to be challenging and trust me when I say we don't mind a challenge!However I have the athletes best interest in mind when we race or I put on a race anyone could make a course as difficult as they would like but the end results aren't always the best for the athlete. Racing is not supposed to be easy by any means however we should be racing on a level playing field when it come to post season not trying to kill the kids just because you have the course to do so. But like everything else this is just my point of view. Thanks again for your time and info on the course.
@twangster You're correct in saying a course is supposed to be challenging and trust me when I say we don't mind a challenge!However I have the athletes best interest in mind when we race or I put on a race anyone could make a course as difficult as they would like but the end results aren't always the best for the athlete. Racing is not supposed to be easy by any means however we should be racing on a level playing field when it come to post season not trying to kill the kids just because you have the course to do so. But like everything else this is just my point of view. Thanks again for your time and info on the course.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.