Article Comment: Flrunners/FLYRA Support Young Polk County Runners With Grant
08/12/2013 7:35:07 PM
Admin
Awesome awesome awesome work. Still trying to figure out things in my county :).
Awesome awesome awesome work. Still trying to figure out things in my county :).
08/12/2013 9:25:45 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I am so glad to be a part of seeing this happen. This grant is really a big dream come true for us. Joe, Laura, Bill, and I have been trying to get to a point where the state championship were cashflow positive enough to do this for years. And we finally are... and flrunners.com did matching funds to get us to the $2,200 finish line to cover the cost of the uniforms. I also want to give thanks and kudos to Robert Brown of Twang Studios. He has been an excellent supporter of FLYRA also. He has supplied our meet t-shirts most recent years. Robert gave us a GREAT price, essentially at cost, on these uniforms. That is the only reason we are able to even afford it... it would be about 50% more expensive from some other vendors I got quotes from. So thank you, Robert!!!
I am so glad to be a part of seeing this happen. This grant is really a big dream come true for us. Joe, Laura, Bill, and I have been trying to get to a point where the state championship were cashflow positive enough to do this for years. And we finally are... and flrunners.com did matching funds to get us to the $2,200 finish line to cover the cost of the uniforms.

I also want to give thanks and kudos to Robert Brown of Twang Studios. He has been an excellent supporter of FLYRA also. He has supplied our meet t-shirts most recent years. Robert gave us a GREAT price, essentially at cost, on these uniforms. That is the only reason we are able to even afford it... it would be about 50% more expensive from some other vendors I got quotes from. So thank you, Robert!!!
08/13/2013 9:02:03 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@jason This is absolutely a dream come true, and I'm really happy it will help Polk County which has hosted the meet so well for 3 years (and which we hope will remain our home). FLYRA will be looking to increase it's Board membership with an eye particularly towards finding areas (counties) where we can have an impact starting or increasing programs.
@jason This is absolutely a dream come true, and I'm really happy it will help Polk County which has hosted the meet so well for 3 years (and which we hope will remain our home). FLYRA will be looking to increase it's Board membership with an eye particularly towards finding areas (counties) where we can have an impact starting or increasing programs.
08/13/2013 10:23:49 AM
Power User
Glad to be a supporting vendor for FLYRA. I hope that I may encourage others to give of their time / expertise / $ to this totally awesome organization! ~Twangster aka Robert Brown
Glad to be a supporting vendor for FLYRA. I hope that I may encourage others to give of their time / expertise / $ to this totally awesome organization!

~Twangster aka Robert Brown
08/13/2013 10:34:43 AM
User
Jason and Billy...How can I get involved? All the best, Keith Brantly
Jason and Billy...How can I get involved? All the best, Keith Brantly
08/13/2013 12:29:23 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@kbrantly We will send you an email. We are actively looking to bring some new blood and energy into the organization. So I think we're looking to add a few new board members if you're interested. Beyond BOD member just anyone who wants to help out is very welcome. FLYRA's mission is very simple: give kids more opportunities to find a passion for track & field and in turn grow the sport. We are simply thrilled to finally be seeing the three original goals come to fruition and want to continue all three, while bringing in new energy and ideas and make it a community effort!
@kbrantly We will send you an email. We are actively looking to bring some new blood and energy into the organization. So I think we're looking to add a few new board members if you're interested. Beyond BOD member just anyone who wants to help out is very welcome. FLYRA's mission is very simple: give kids more opportunities to find a passion for track & field and in turn grow the sport. We are simply thrilled to finally be seeing the three original goals come to fruition and want to continue all three, while bringing in new energy and ideas and make it a community effort!
08/13/2013 2:08:05 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@kbrantly I think we are looking for some people with ideas and energy to help us make more of an impact on middle school programs. There are several counties that do not offer XC or Track and field and we'd like to help make that possible. Part of that is identifying where we can help, and then finding the right approach to getting it done, and another part is probably using what we are already accomplishing to generate more sponsorship so that we can inject funds into areas that can sprout programs.
@kbrantly I think we are looking for some people with ideas and energy to help us make more of an impact on middle school programs. There are several counties that do not offer XC or Track and field and we'd like to help make that possible. Part of that is identifying where we can help, and then finding the right approach to getting it done, and another part is probably using what we are already accomplishing to generate more sponsorship so that we can inject funds into areas that can sprout programs.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.