MEET CANCELLATIONS
01/07/2015 10:43:59 AM
User
LETS LET 2015 BE THE YEAR THAT WE ALLOW SC HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES TO RUN IN THE RAIN. OREGON AND WASHINGTON WOULD NOT HAVE TRACK MEETS IF THEY WERE AS SOFT ABOUT THE RAIN AS WE ARE. ITS TIME TO TOUGHEN UP SC
LETS LET 2015 BE THE YEAR THAT WE ALLOW SC HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES TO RUN IN THE RAIN. OREGON AND WASHINGTON WOULD NOT HAVE TRACK MEETS IF THEY WERE AS SOFT ABOUT THE RAIN AS WE ARE. ITS TIME TO TOUGHEN UP SC
01/12/2015 2:01:25 PM
Coach
@OVER40RUNNER running in the rain for CC and distance kids is generally an understood thing, but in track and any team that has ethnic hair (females) that can cost $75 plus to fix and is absolutely ruined if it gets wet.. is not so wonderful. so it may not be a soft thing but just practical. smile
@OVER40RUNNER running in the rain for CC and distance kids is generally an understood thing, but in track and any team that has ethnic hair (females) that can cost $75 plus to fix and is absolutely ruined if it gets wet.. is not so wonderful. so it may not be a soft thing but just practical. smile
01/13/2015 8:42:49 AM
User
YOUR HUMOR IS UNIQUE, COACH
YOUR HUMOR IS UNIQUE, COACH
01/14/2015 11:07:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I coach at a predominately African American high school. Practice or Meets, hair is not an excuse to miss either. My girls understand this and adjust accordingly. My girls are tough and run through any weather. This is in part due to their character. They want to compete and make no excuses.
I coach at a predominately African American high school. Practice or Meets, hair is not an excuse to miss either. My girls understand this and adjust accordingly. My girls are tough and run through any weather. This is in part due to their character. They want to compete and make no excuses.
01/15/2015 1:40:05 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Is it really a SC issue? Our kids have competed in the rain plenty in SC. But when we get lightning in the area, we stop. NCAA rules are applied for electrical storms. I don't think SC folks are any more afraid of rain than any other state. But if you've got some facts/stats maybe I could be convinced...? I think in OR they get a lot of moisture off the pacific but not many electrical storms compared to our region.
Is it really a SC issue? Our kids have competed in the rain plenty in SC. But when we get lightning in the area, we stop. NCAA rules are applied for electrical storms. I don't think SC folks are any more afraid of rain than any other state. But if you've got some facts/stats maybe I could be convinced...? I think in OR they get a lot of moisture off the pacific but not many electrical storms compared to our region.
01/15/2015 2:13:41 PM
Admin
In Georgia....Rain nor cold stops meets here....only Lightning and that is for only 30 minutes. Track meets are very difficult to reschedule, therefore you must run the meet as schedule regardless of weather.
In Georgia....Rain nor cold stops meets here....only Lightning and that is for only 30 minutes. Track meets are very difficult to reschedule, therefore you must run the meet as schedule regardless of weather.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.