Just Imagine.......
05/08/2017 9:31:12 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Unbelievable distance performances in the second year of a new two day format the allows enough rest to get so many outstanding performances. But just imagine if IMG had finish line cameras to allow running with a tailwind (rather than a headwind)... imagine what those 100,200 100 hurdles times would have been. or what some of the long/triple jumps had been if not jumping into a headwind... The times may have been wind aided in many cases....
Unbelievable distance performances in the second year of a new two day format the allows enough rest to get so many outstanding performances.

But just imagine if IMG had finish line cameras to allow running with a tailwind (rather than a headwind)... imagine what those 100,200 100 hurdles times would have been. or what some of the long/triple jumps had been if not jumping into a headwind... The times may have been wind aided in many cases....
05/08/2017 9:50:22 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@mbecker The wind was consistently from the west which would not hinder the sprints and actually benefited the 200 runners. The LJ and TJ were with tailwind on both days
@mbecker
The wind was consistently from the west which would not hinder the sprints and actually benefited the 200 runners.

The LJ and TJ were with tailwind on both days
05/08/2017 10:16:48 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jrsteve2 I noticed the wind on the backstretch was from the west, but on the homestretch it was a headwind. When the hurdle crew was setting up hurdles an official had a yellow flag up. That flag was completely unfurled and blowing into the start.
@jrsteve2

I noticed the wind on the backstretch was from the west, but on the homestretch it was a headwind. When the hurdle crew was setting up hurdles an official had a yellow flag up. That flag was completely unfurled and blowing into the start.
05/08/2017 10:35:24 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jrsteve2 why did all the sprint heats measurements show a negative wind then?
@jrsteve2

why did all the sprint heats measurements show a negative wind then?
05/08/2017 10:46:07 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@mbecker All the jumps were positive...
@mbecker

All the jumps were positive...
05/08/2017 10:55:34 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Of course the jumps were positive. They have multiple pits/runways and chose to go the direction they did because of the tailwind.
Of course the jumps were positive. They have multiple pits/runways and chose to go the direction they did because of the tailwind.
05/08/2017 7:34:18 PM
User
[quote=mbecker]Unbelievable distance performances in the second year of a new two day format the allows enough rest to get so many outstanding performances. But just imagine if IMG had finish line cameras to allow running with a tailwind (rather than a headwind)... imagine what those 100,200 100 hurdles times would have been. or what some of the long/triple jumps had been if not jumping into a headwind... The times may have been wind aided in many cases....[/quote] @mbecker I agree, but just imagine is they really cared at all about that! It was brought up after last year and prior to this years championship. Someone actually did a Go Fund Me account to pay for it. Lol! Just listen to all the athlete's interviews most mentioned how the wind killed their races.
mbecker wrote:
Unbelievable distance performances in the second year of a new two day format the allows enough rest to get so many outstanding performances.

But just imagine if IMG had finish line cameras to allow running with a tailwind (rather than a headwind)... imagine what those 100,200 100 hurdles times would have been. or what some of the long/triple jumps had been if not jumping into a headwind... The times may have been wind aided in many cases....

@mbecker I agree, but just imagine is they really cared at all about that! It was brought up after last year and prior to this years championship. Someone actually did a Go Fund Me account to pay for it. Lol! Just listen to all the athlete's interviews most mentioned how the wind killed their races.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.