Andrew McCabe-Bolles- 1985 2A State Cross Country Champ...now Interim FBI director
05/11/2017 12:23:14 PM
Power User
I recognized the name on the news and asked Tony Ryan to confirm. "In the Class AA race Jacksonville Bolles upset Naples, 44-63. Andy McCabe of Bolles captured top honors in 16:00." http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1985-11-24/sports/0340470170_1_class-aaaa-mckenna-heflin Named "acting," not interim http://www.ajc.com/news/national/who-andrew-mccabe-acting-fbi-director/yKHfVcd4A0A8qPYjrkoOIK/
I recognized the name on the news and asked Tony Ryan to confirm.

"In the Class AA race Jacksonville Bolles upset Naples, 44-63. Andy McCabe of Bolles captured top honors in 16:00."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1985-11-24/sports/0340470170_1_class-aaaa-mckenna-heflin

Named "acting," not interim

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/who-andrew-mccabe-acting-fbi-director/yKHfVcd4A0A8qPYjrkoOIK/
05/12/2017 9:40:36 AM
User
@ubiQuitous1 Wow. Thanks for shaking the memories loose, Ricky. I hadn't connected the dots yet, but definitely remember racing against him at Bolles, hanging out at Brevard, etc. Small world. Good for him (and pray for him!)
@ubiQuitous1

Wow. Thanks for shaking the memories loose, Ricky. I hadn't connected the dots yet, but definitely remember racing against him at Bolles, hanging out at Brevard, etc. Small world. Good for him (and pray for him!)
05/12/2017 10:35:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ubiQuitous1 I totally remember him. I was at MT dora, also 2A at the time in girls (got lucky in track and won!) Hopefully he has the courage he had in HS to make the tough choices now. He really needs to be the paradigm. Coach Finke
@ubiQuitous1
I totally remember him. I was at MT dora, also 2A at the time in girls (got lucky in track and won!) Hopefully he has the courage he had in HS to make the tough choices now. He really needs to be the paradigm.

Coach Finke
05/13/2017 7:58:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Of course, you could have asked me or Rodney Smith who actually coached him. Just kidding! HaHaHa! Andy also placed 4th in the mile in 1986 and second in the two mile in both 1985 and 1986. In 1986 he got pipped at the line by a runner he did not know was there despite the fact that I was yelling my head off. And the answer is yes we could see this coming. He was always a very "together" person demonstrating strong leadership skills and cognitive abilities even in high school. It had made the rounds of the former Bolles team that he was rising very rapidly in the ranks of the FBI but it was still a surprise when he was named Acting FBI Director. In fact, Andy had reconnected with Jonathan Vitsky, one of his former teammates, in NYC a few years ago by running him down while Jonathan was on a run. Andy caught him and proceeded to talk to him as they ran together. Andrew was in a suit and tie with dress shoes on as he was working on a case at the time! He is still in pretty good shape as he competes in triathlons! Everett Morris
Of course, you could have asked me or Rodney Smith who actually coached him. Just kidding! HaHaHa!

Andy also placed 4th in the mile in 1986 and second in the two mile in both 1985 and 1986. In 1986 he got pipped at the line by a runner he did not know was there despite the fact that I was yelling my head off.

And the answer is yes we could see this coming. He was always a very "together" person demonstrating strong leadership skills and cognitive abilities even in high school. It had made the rounds of the former Bolles team that he was rising very rapidly in the ranks of the FBI but it was still a surprise when he was named Acting FBI Director.

In fact, Andy had reconnected with Jonathan Vitsky, one of his former teammates, in NYC a few years ago by running him down while Jonathan was on a run. Andy caught him and proceeded to talk to him as they ran together. Andrew was in a suit and tie with dress shoes on as he was working on a case at the time!

He is still in pretty good shape as he competes in triathlons!

Everett Morris

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.