Jaeger results and others?
03/11/2018 4:49:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Anyone know when results will be entered into database? Jaeger has been in since 5:00pm yesterday and they are still not entered into the fl.runners database. We need them for entries that are due today and tomorrow!!
Anyone know when results will be entered into database? Jaeger has been in since 5:00pm yesterday and they are still not entered into the fl.runners database. We need them for entries that are due today and tomorrow!!
03/11/2018 5:13:11 PM
Power User
@xccoach1 Send me (us) the results and I'll (we'll) get them uploaded. Same process as always. Come on Fred! You know the process by now! =P ryanraposo@gmail.com
@xccoach1 Send me (us) the results and I'll (we'll) get them uploaded. Same process as always. Come on Fred! You know the process by now! =P ryanraposo@gmail.com
03/11/2018 6:41:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachRaposo Ryan, cut the garbage. The Jaeger meet was one of the largest in central Florida as were several other. Bottom line, flrunners needs to focus a little more on results as opposed to pushing a button for some results you can get with a push of a button. Aka “top 500 girls ranked in the 1600.” Btw, if you think I am the only one that feels this way, you are clueless and need another hiatus. Take a look at the discussion board. It is almost dead. I am tired do the emails as a former owner.
@CoachRaposo

Ryan, cut the garbage. The Jaeger meet was one of the largest in central Florida as were several other. Bottom line, flrunners needs to focus a little more on results as opposed to pushing a button for some results you can get with a push of a button. Aka "top 500 girls ranked in the 1600."

Btw, if you think I am the only one that feels this way, you are clueless and need another hiatus. Take a look at the discussion board. It is almost dead. I am tired do the emails as a former owner.
03/11/2018 7:10:09 PM
Power User
[quote=xccoach1]Ryan, cut the garbage. The Jaeger meet was one of the largest in central Florida as were several other.[/quote] @xccoach1 Geez Fred, I wasn't even paying attention to what meet you were talking about, I was just offering to help while throwing in a joke. Sorry to make you fly off the handle. [quote=xccoach1]Bottom line, flrunners needs to focus a little more on results as opposed to pushing a button for some results you can get with a push of a button. Aka “top 500 girls ranked in the 1600.”[/quote] Putting out content to help generate subscriptions, particularly from those that don't realize you can get that information with a push of the button is an important part of helping generating revenue. Don't pretend you don't know that. And while you might not be a fan of those types of articles, that is going to be an objective of any company, including FloSports. That being said, when results get sent in, they're put up and performances go in the database. If they're not sent in, some of us (speaking for myself) don't have the time or desire to scour timer websites to put the information online. I put up my local competitions, the meets that I help time, and due my part as a volunteer admin if and when things are backed up. [quote=xccoach1]Btw, if you think I am the only one that feels this way, you are clueless and need another hiatus. Take a look at the discussion board. It is almost dead. I am tired do the emails as a former owner.[/quote] I'm trying to be civil, but you're acting like a complete jerk and trying to make this personal. Go on another hiatus? Don't talk about things you don't know about. You seriously need to get a clue and check yourself with the quickness. Truthfully, I don't need to help you, especially when you're making personal insults. That being said, if you want my help, then I'd hope you're wise enough to rethink your statements and reasonably ask for help. Life is more important that activity on a discussion board, results on a website, and performances in a database.
xccoach1 wrote:
Ryan, cut the garbage. The Jaeger meet was one of the largest in central Florida as were several other.

@xccoach1 Geez Fred, I wasn't even paying attention to what meet you were talking about, I was just offering to help while throwing in a joke. Sorry to make you fly off the handle.

xccoach1 wrote:
Bottom line, flrunners needs to focus a little more on results as opposed to pushing a button for some results you can get with a push of a button. Aka "top 500 girls ranked in the 1600."

Putting out content to help generate subscriptions, particularly from those that don't realize you can get that information with a push of the button is an important part of helping generating revenue. Don't pretend you don't know that. And while you might not be a fan of those types of articles, that is going to be an objective of any company, including FloSports.

That being said, when results get sent in, they're put up and performances go in the database. If they're not sent in, some of us (speaking for myself) don't have the time or desire to scour timer websites to put the information online. I put up my local competitions, the meets that I help time, and due my part as a volunteer admin if and when things are backed up.

xccoach1 wrote:
Btw, if you think I am the only one that feels this way, you are clueless and need another hiatus. Take a look at the discussion board. It is almost dead. I am tired do the emails as a former owner.
I'm trying to be civil, but you're acting like a complete jerk and trying to make this personal. Go on another hiatus? Don't talk about things you don't know about. You seriously need to get a clue and check yourself with the quickness.

Truthfully, I don't need to help you, especially when you're making personal insults. That being said, if you want my help, then I'd hope you're wise enough to rethink your statements and reasonably ask for help. Life is more important that activity on a discussion board, results on a website, and performances in a database.
03/11/2018 9:33:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachRaposo Really? You want me to post what I know? Please say yes. Just get back what the original goals of original mission of milesplit. .
@CoachRaposo

Really? You want me to post what I know? Please say yes. Just get back what the original goals of original mission of milesplit. .
03/11/2018 10:15:13 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@xccoach1 As you know, I'm not involved in the day to day site updates anymore. I agree, it sure would be great to get them in there more quickly. But the PDF format that they are posted in makes it very difficult to process. The MeetPro HTML version still needs some massaging but is easier to manipulate. We don't have the tools yet to make the PDF version go in smoothly and [s]it really takes about 30 minutes to an hour per meet to massage the data to get it in with this format (depending on how good you are)[/s]. We're working on a better solution, but it's going to slow the processing down for now. [i]UPDATE: The PDF results took a lot longer to process than even I first thought. So unfortunately, I still did not get in after a few hours of working on a converter.[/i]
@xccoach1 As you know, I'm not involved in the day to day site updates anymore. I agree, it sure would be great to get them in there more quickly. But the PDF format that they are posted in makes it very difficult to process. The MeetPro HTML version still needs some massaging but is easier to manipulate. We don't have the tools yet to make the PDF version go in smoothly and it really takes about 30 minutes to an hour per meet to massage the data to get it in with this format (depending on how good you are).

We're working on a better solution, but it's going to slow the processing down for now.

UPDATE: The PDF results took a lot longer to process than even I first thought. So unfortunately, I still did not get in after a few hours of working on a converter.
03/12/2018 12:08:56 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@xccoach1 the performances could be added if Elite would stop refusing to send in the results.
@xccoach1 the performances could be added if Elite would stop refusing to send in the results.
03/12/2018 12:13:01 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@stcrcoach True if they were made available in a format that we can deal with better, they would go in right away. However, the timers have no explicit requirement to provide them to us at all. So from that perspective, it's our problem and not theirs. Alternately, if we can get our technology updated to be able to parse the new format that they're being published in it would be still a bit slower, but reasonable. We are working on updating our software now.
@stcrcoach True if they were made available in a format that we can deal with better, they would go in right away. However, the timers have no explicit requirement to provide them to us at all. So from that perspective, it's our problem and not theirs.

Alternately, if we can get our technology updated to be able to parse the new format that they're being published in it would be still a bit slower, but reasonable. We are working on updating our software now.
03/12/2018 2:01:07 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
It's 2AM... I fought with the PDF for like 4 hours... trying to write code to convert them. I'm done for now. White flag. Good night.
It's 2AM... I fought with the PDF for like 4 hours... trying to write code to convert them.

I'm done for now. White flag. Good night.
03/12/2018 9:13:41 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Jason, just so I understand, what format could the timers send you that would be able to be uploaded the quickest into the database? As a meet director, if this is important to us, we can make that a requirement in our contract.
Jason, just so I understand, what format could the timers send you that would be able to be uploaded the quickest into the database?

As a meet director, if this is important to us, we can make that a requirement in our contract.
03/12/2018 10:21:11 AM
Power User
As this discussion is in reference to a meet Elite Timing was at I feel I should respond. A lot of this goes on behind the scenes so I apologize if I don't fill in all the holes. Elite is well aware of the struggles milesplit is having parsing our new results format. I have been speaking with Jason about this for the past month and he believes he should have a process to parse in place by April 1st. The idea being that they can go back to coming to our site post meet and pulling the results themselves so they can update and manage your profiles. For the past month, to make sure our client's needs are met, we have been sending them custom, old style files, they can use in regular intervals. The results for this meet and all Friday and Saturday meets were sent Sunday evening as usual. 6:01pm to be exact. Weekday results were sent on Thursday evening. This was the agreed upon schedule. To answer Dan. We would always be happy to manage another site's database for our meet hosts. We do so for all of our university clients as the TFRRS database is required by the NCAA. It can be added as an additional service with ease. The hope is that milesplit will get this worked out so we can go back to business as usual. We just need to give them some time to figure it out. This has been a 2 year process and we are nearly there. I hope this helps clear it all up. No need for swords at dawn boys. Peace, love and F.A.T. Chris Kail Elite Timing
As this discussion is in reference to a meet Elite Timing was at I feel I should respond. A lot of this goes on behind the scenes so I apologize if I don't fill in all the holes.

Elite is well aware of the struggles milesplit is having parsing our new results format. I have been speaking with Jason about this for the past month and he believes he should have a process to parse in place by April 1st. The idea being that they can go back to coming to our site post meet and pulling the results themselves so they can update and manage your profiles. For the past month, to make sure our client's needs are met, we have been sending them custom, old style files, they can use in regular intervals. The results for this meet and all Friday and Saturday meets were sent Sunday evening as usual. 6:01pm to be exact. Weekday results were sent on Thursday evening. This was the agreed upon schedule.

To answer Dan.
We would always be happy to manage another site's database for our meet hosts. We do so for all of our university clients as the TFRRS database is required by the NCAA. It can be added as an additional service with ease. The hope is that milesplit will get this worked out so we can go back to business as usual. We just need to give them some time to figure it out. This has been a 2 year process and we are nearly there.

I hope this helps clear it all up. No need for swords at dawn boys.

Peace, love and F.A.T.
Chris Kail
Elite Timing
03/12/2018 11:16:39 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks @ckailjr and to further clarify. Fred posted his message at 4:49PM, so we would not have had the HTML results as of yet at that point. So Chris sent them at 6:01PM. I'm not sure why they weren't added to the site yesterday evening after that point. But I saw this thread sometime around 10PM and jumped in to try to help (again I don't normally update the site anymore). All I had available to me was the PDF from the Elite Timing site (since Chris sent the HTML version to Todd). So I struggled for the next 4+ hours trying to write a program to convert the PDF version, with only limited success. And now I'm tired and paying the price today. lol
Thanks @ckailjr and to further clarify. Fred posted his message at 4:49PM, so we would not have had the HTML results as of yet at that point. So Chris sent them at 6:01PM. I'm not sure why they weren't added to the site yesterday evening after that point. But I saw this thread sometime around 10PM and jumped in to try to help (again I don't normally update the site anymore). All I had available to me was the PDF from the Elite Timing site (since Chris sent the HTML version to Todd). So I struggled for the next 4+ hours trying to write a program to convert the PDF version, with only limited success. And now I'm tired and paying the price today. lol
03/12/2018 11:44:46 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
So just to chime in here. First and most importantly, we are working as fast and as hard as we can. As Jason said he spent 4-5 hours trying to convert the meets. Timing companies don't HAVE TO send us anything. They don't HAVE TO send us results in a preferred format. The reality is that if they are sent in a flat html file and emailed when completed, they will go in a lot faster than if they are not. It is our database and it is our responsibility to make sure that all formats get entered, but some will take longer than others. Chris is sending the results twice a week and we are appreciative, but it still isn't in a perfect format that is easy to copy and paste and dehytek Myself Ryan Raposo and Chris Sumner as well as our stats team work on getting these results in over the weekend and throughout the week. In addition to maintaining the database Ryan is a coach and is taking grad school classes, Chris is coaching, timing, and being a parent of two young kids, and I am managing the site, working on content and a slew of other things while being a dad to a 4 year old and preparing for our daughter who will be born in a month. As far as copy and paste stat rankings. They drive subscriptions, subscriptions help us to have help to get the results and performances in, pay for photo and video coverage, and to maintain the site. Just this past week we had over 400 videos, over 7500 photos, and over 30 articles. I'd like to hope we provide value beyond stats and rankings. On that note, if you ever have content ideas, ranking ideas, things you want to see that would provide more value for you. My email address is Todd.Grasley@flosports.tv. If you have meet results you want to send over you can CC myself and Chris Sumner (LFCSumner3@aol.com) or Ryan Raposo (RyanRaposo#gmail.com). Comments, questions, concerns feel free to email me as well. My goal is and always will be to be the best damn site possible in all avenues whether thats stats/rankings, content, social media, customer support etc. It's not something I tackle alone and I have a wonderful team to help who works their tail off and a great running community who supports what we do and for that we are very much appreciative.
So just to chime in here. First and most importantly, we are working as fast and as hard as we can. As Jason said he spent 4-5 hours trying to convert the meets.

Timing companies don't HAVE TO send us anything. They don't HAVE TO send us results in a preferred format. The reality is that if they are sent in a flat html file and emailed when completed, they will go in a lot faster than if they are not. It is our database and it is our responsibility to make sure that all formats get entered, but some will take longer than others. Chris is sending the results twice a week and we are appreciative, but it still isn't in a perfect format that is easy to copy and paste and dehytek

Myself Ryan Raposo and Chris Sumner as well as our stats team work on getting these results in over the weekend and throughout the week. In addition to maintaining the database Ryan is a coach and is taking grad school classes, Chris is coaching, timing, and being a parent of two young kids, and I am managing the site, working on content and a slew of other things while being a dad to a 4 year old and preparing for our daughter who will be born in a month.

As far as copy and paste stat rankings. They drive subscriptions, subscriptions help us to have help to get the results and performances in, pay for photo and video coverage, and to maintain the site. Just this past week we had over 400 videos, over 7500 photos, and over 30 articles. I'd like to hope we provide value beyond stats and rankings.

On that note, if you ever have content ideas, ranking ideas, things you want to see that would provide more value for you. My email address is Todd.Grasley@flosports.tv. If you have meet results you want to send over you can CC myself and Chris Sumner (LFCSumner3@aol.com) or Ryan Raposo (RyanRaposo#gmail.com). Comments, questions, concerns feel free to email me as well.

My goal is and always will be to be the best damn site possible in all avenues whether thats stats/rankings, content, social media, customer support etc. It's not something I tackle alone and I have a wonderful team to help who works their tail off and a great running community who supports what we do and for that we are very much appreciative.
03/12/2018 11:55:39 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
PS I just checked and all Elite Timing results from the past week are posted and processed.
PS I just checked and all Elite Timing results from the past week are posted and processed.
03/12/2018 1:02:00 PM
Power User
Timeline [b]2 years ago[/b] we decided to switch over our timing software to Meet Pro and let Jason and Todd know that was happening mostly because results look infinitely better (online as well as live) and were preferred by literally 100% of the coaches, athletes, and parents we spoke to. Additionally the HYTEK support has dried up since being purchased by ACTIVE. Halfmile Timing was ahead of us as they do a lot of college events and helped us by showing us what was possible. I have seen others using Meet Pro now as well, it is an excellent program even though it is still in its infancy. 2016 Cross was a testing year where we produced results from all the meets Chris timed in Meet Pro and in addition to that added a hidden button so the results could be loaded into the profiles easily. 2017 Track Chris Continued to use meet pro while the rest of us used hytek so he could learn the software to teach to us. It was during this season that we came to a compromise with Todd that we would use a specific format so they could parse them, which Chris did. Even though we felt it did not meet our exact standards for fully comprehensive results. 2017 cross - All events were timed in meet pro until the FHSAA series where we are required (boo) to use HYTEK. 2018 track - All events are now timed in Meet Pro (except for certain relay meets) One month ago - they started working on how to parse our results. Chris switched back to PDF because since they were working on it he wanted them to work on what we would like to post. He figured it wasn’t a big deal since he was sending them the files anyways. And he posted in the agreed upon compromised results for a solid year giving them plenty to work with. Today.... it seems as if everyone thought we didn’t do the above listed since the fall of 2016 As mentioned, we produce results live, available to those in attendance and elsewhere thanks to the internet, as well as post finalized results to our site. There have been multiple times where the results have been taken, copied, parsed, whatever you want to call it from our live feeds and/or results incorrectly and placed on the FLR website. It is a mix between user error and changes made by coaches post event or even an occasional (but honestly rare) error on our end. Regardless of how the error happens, I get emails about things that are "wrong" almost weekly and when I check our site, they are almost never wrong there. It is on the FLR site that something is amiss. In an effort to cut down on that occurring, we have an agreement with FLR to send our results in the requested format on Sundays and Thursdays. So, to the poster (Mr. Luquis) that inferred we refuse to send in results, you have been somehow misinformed. We provide about 100 events to FLR each track season. No one else provides this much information to their site to my knowledge. They hire us to do their biggest events. I have known Jason since the late 90's, we are friends and I highly respect HIM. Honestly, this is all being handled in the background right now by Chris, Jason, and myself and I am none too pleased that I felt I had to get on a message board and address this. The fact we gave a 2 year window as a heads up is probably the most disappointing part about it. On another note (BECAUSE I HAVE CHOSEN TO DO SO), I too have two sons, am married to an amazingly patient and supportive wife, have a full time job teaching, I am currently coaching MS athletes, and am doing my best to help run a small business here in the United States of America - the land of opportunity. I have been around running/coaching/hosting/timing track and field for 31 years now. I love what I do, I love what Elite has done for almost the last decade. I will not stand idly by and have rumors, or misinformation, or even lies be spread about was does or does not happen when it comes to what we do. Neither Chris nor I plan on responding to anything else in this thread or anyone else besides Jason when it comes to Elite and FLR relationship. Finally, thank you to all the coaches and fans of the sport who have continually encouraged us at Elite Timing. We continue in your service. - Mike Hill
Timeline
2 years ago we decided to switch over our timing software to Meet Pro and let Jason and Todd know that was happening mostly because results look infinitely better (online as well as live) and were preferred by literally 100% of the coaches, athletes, and parents we spoke to. Additionally the HYTEK support has dried up since being purchased by ACTIVE. Halfmile Timing was ahead of us as they do a lot of college events and helped us by showing us what was possible. I have seen others using Meet Pro now as well, it is an excellent program even though it is still in its infancy.

2016 Cross was a testing year where we produced results from all the meets Chris timed in Meet Pro and in addition to that added a hidden button so the results could be loaded into the profiles easily.

2017 Track Chris Continued to use meet pro while the rest of us used hytek so he could learn the software to teach to us. It was during this season that we came to a compromise with Todd that we would use a specific format so they could parse them, which Chris did. Even though we felt it did not meet our exact standards for fully comprehensive results.

2017 cross - All events were timed in meet pro until the FHSAA series where we are required (boo) to use HYTEK.

2018 track - All events are now timed in Meet Pro (except for certain relay meets)

One month ago - they started working on how to parse our results. Chris switched back to PDF because since they were working on it he wanted them to work on what we would like to post. He figured it wasn't a big deal since he was sending them the files anyways. And he posted in the agreed upon compromised results for a solid year giving them plenty to work with.

Today.... it seems as if everyone thought we didn't do the above listed since the fall of 2016

As mentioned, we produce results live, available to those in attendance and elsewhere thanks to the internet, as well as post finalized results to our site. There have been multiple times where the results have been taken, copied, parsed, whatever you want to call it from our live feeds and/or results incorrectly and placed on the FLR website. It is a mix between user error and changes made by coaches post event or even an occasional (but honestly rare) error on our end. Regardless of how the error happens, I get emails about things that are "wrong" almost weekly and when I check our site, they are almost never wrong there. It is on the FLR site that something is amiss. In an effort to cut down on that occurring, we have an agreement with FLR to send our results in the requested format on Sundays and Thursdays. So, to the poster (Mr. Luquis) that inferred we refuse to send in results, you have been somehow misinformed. We provide about 100 events to FLR each track season. No one else provides this much information to their site to my knowledge. They hire us to do their biggest events. I have known Jason since the late 90's, we are friends and I highly respect HIM. Honestly, this is all being handled in the background right now by Chris, Jason, and myself and I am none too pleased that I felt I had to get on a message board and address this. The fact we gave a 2 year window as a heads up is probably the most disappointing part about it.

On another note (BECAUSE I HAVE CHOSEN TO DO SO), I too have two sons, am married to an amazingly patient and supportive wife, have a full time job teaching, I am currently coaching MS athletes, and am doing my best to help run a small business here in the United States of America - the land of opportunity. I have been around running/coaching/hosting/timing track and field for 31 years now. I love what I do, I love what Elite has done for almost the last decade. I will not stand idly by and have rumors, or misinformation, or even lies be spread about was does or does not happen when it comes to what we do. Neither Chris nor I plan on responding to anything else in this thread or anyone else besides Jason when it comes to Elite and FLR relationship. Finally, thank you to all the coaches and fans of the sport who have continually encouraged us at Elite Timing. We continue in your service.
* Mike Hill
03/12/2018 1:51:13 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
First and foremost I respect you Mike and Chris , what you guys do, as well as the rest of the timers and members of our running community who support our site and have over the past years. To address Coach Luquis... they aren't boycotting FLRunners. Like Mike said they are working on new ways to improve their site, their results, etc, both from an efficiency and an aesthetics perspective. No where did I say or was I implying they don't do quality work. The reality is that the meet pro format takes a little longer to add to our site then a simple flat html file. PDF files take even longer. Others that some of our other webmasters in other states deal with are even harder. We're working our hardest to get all meet results and performances loaded timely and efficiently as are they. So please bare with us and they will get in as fast as possible.
First and foremost I respect you Mike and Chris , what you guys do, as well as the rest of the timers and members of our running community who support our site and have over the past years.

To address Coach Luquis... they aren't boycotting FLRunners. Like Mike said they are working on new ways to improve their site, their results, etc, both from an efficiency and an aesthetics perspective. No where did I say or was I implying they don't do quality work.

The reality is that the meet pro format takes a little longer to add to our site then a simple flat html file. PDF files take even longer. Others that some of our other webmasters in other states deal with are even harder. We're working our hardest to get all meet results and performances loaded timely and efficiently as are they. So please bare with us and they will get in as fast as possible.
03/13/2018 8:41:34 AM
User
As a parent and subscriber of the site, I think that these guys are doing a great job. I only know Todd in person but I have reasons to know that what they do for the HS running community is very professional and serious.
As a parent and subscriber of the site, I think that these guys are doing a great job. I only know Todd in person but I have reasons to know that
what they do for the HS running community is very professional and serious.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.