Tyrone Gayle
10/26/2018 1:34:53 PM
Coach
Heart is heavy here today hearing of the passing of Tyrone. He was not just a great young runner but a true class act. Tyrone ran for Episcopal and our thoughts and prayers go out to his young wife and family and the Jax Episcopal family. He was a 2006 graduate and had been battling cancer. He worked for Senator Kamala Harris and was a member of Senator Clintons team in her run for President. Tyrone will be greatly missed by anyone that ever met him!
Heart is heavy here today hearing of the passing of Tyrone. He was not just a great young runner but a true class act. Tyrone ran for Episcopal and our thoughts and prayers go out to his young wife and family and the Jax Episcopal family. He was a 2006 graduate and had been battling cancer. He worked for Senator Kamala Harris and was a member of Senator Clintons team in her run for President. Tyrone will be greatly missed by anyone that ever met him!
10/26/2018 10:25:15 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbutler This is so awful. I had not heard that he had been sick. What a great guy he was. It was an honor to have known him and featured his articles here on flrunners years ago.
@coachbutler This is so awful. I had not heard that he had been sick. What a great guy he was. It was an honor to have known him and featured his articles here on flrunners years ago.
10/26/2018 11:00:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
So sad to hear this. Tyrone worked for me for a few years and was truly an inspirational person. He was a friend long before and long after we worked together. My heart breaks and the world is worse off for him not being with us.
So sad to hear this. Tyrone worked for me for a few years and was truly an inspirational person. He was a friend long before and long after we worked together. My heart breaks and the world is worse off for him not being with us.
10/27/2018 5:53:35 AM
User
Yesterday was a very tough day for me. Dan is right, heaven may be a little brighter but our world is a little dimmer. Other than his smile and presence, one thing that made Tyrone great as a person, runner, and I’m sure husband was his ability to be loyal and to buy into the “program”. He was a 24-25 second 200m runner when I asked him if he wanted to be great at something. He totally bought into the 800 and XC. I specifically remember our end of season sit downs where we review goals for the next season. He ran 2:02 that year and I said to him let’s set 1:58 as your goal, he said “I’m running 1:54”. I tried to take him and he said “We dropped Tim’s 3200 PR by 40 seconds, I can run 8 seconds faster in 800” He was a true teammate, too. Listened to every gameplan, took jokes that today would be fire able, and the first to help out anyone. I often joked that he’s the lone Democrat I support. The Episcopal XC will miss him, shed many tears yesterday. Please pray for his wife, wonderful parents, and siblings as he’s a 30 year old taken by the beast that is cancer. Rip T Roy
Yesterday was a very tough day for me. Dan is right, heaven may be a little brighter but our world is a little dimmer.

Other than his smile and presence, one thing that made Tyrone great as a person, runner, and I'm sure husband was his ability to be loyal and to buy into the "program".

He was a 24-25 second 200m runner when I asked him if he wanted to be great at something. He totally bought into the 800 and XC. I specifically remember our end of season sit downs where we review goals for the next season. He ran 2:02 that year and I said to him let's set 1:58 as your goal, he said "I'm running 1:54". I tried to take him and he said "We dropped Tim's 3200 PR by 40 seconds, I can run 8 seconds faster in 800"

He was a true teammate, too. Listened to every gameplan, took jokes that today would be fire able, and the first to help out anyone. I often joked that he's the lone Democrat I support.

The Episcopal XC will miss him, shed many tears yesterday. Please pray for his wife, wonderful parents, and siblings as he's a 30 year old taken by the beast that is cancer.

Rip T Roy

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.