2019 FACA Track and Field Clinic - Daytona Beach January 10-12
12/04/2018 2:39:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We are excited to announce the schedule for the 2019 FACA Track and Field Clinic, held at the Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanfront January 10-12. This schedule is likely to change slightly in the next week, but I wanted to publish this to allow everyone to make their plans to attend all of their favorite sessions. Please check back to the FACATrackClinic website for updates to the schedule and information on each of the presenters as it is constantly being updated. Also, the website is a great resource for those of you looking for notes from previous clinics. The hotel is filling up quickly, so be sure to book your rooms. [url=http://nebula.wsimg.com/a91a9c5633f3ce5ad3839c93139df35a?AccessKeyId=FE36B41EF59647F1C18A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1]http://nebula.wsimg.com/a91a9c5633f3ce5ad3839c93139df35a?AccessKeyId=FE36B41EF59647F1C18A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1[/url] Dan Dearing The Bolles School - Boys and Girls Head Track and Field Coach FACA Track and Field Chairman
We are excited to announce the schedule for the 2019 FACA Track and Field Clinic, held at the Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanfront January 10-12.

This schedule is likely to change slightly in the next week, but I wanted to publish this to allow everyone to make their plans to attend all of their favorite sessions.

Please check back to the FACATrackClinic website for updates to the schedule and information on each of the presenters as it is constantly being updated.
Also, the website is a great resource for those of you looking for notes from previous clinics.

The hotel is filling up quickly, so be sure to book your rooms.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/a91a9c5633f3ce5ad3839c93139df35a?AccessKeyId=FE36B41EF59647F1C18A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Dan Dearing
The Bolles School - Boys and Girls Head Track and Field Coach
FACA Track and Field Chairman
01/14/2019 10:16:24 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I want to say thank you to all who attended our FACA Track and Field Clinic in Daytona this past weekend. We are working to get all the slides from the presentations up onto the website (FACATrackClinic.com) - some are already there. We had some great discussions throughout the weekend and I will post below the things that we voted on that will be the recommendations to the FHSAA Track Advisory Committee at our next meeting in May. We counted about 275 people in attendance for the meeting with FHSAA Track director Ed Thompson alone, so I expect we had 300-350 overall throughout the weekend. Again, thank you to those of you who attended and next year, please bring a friend! Dan Dearing The Bolles School - Boys and Girls Head Track and Field Coach FACA Track and Field Chairman
I want to say thank you to all who attended our FACA Track and Field Clinic in Daytona this past weekend. We are working to get all the slides from the presentations up onto the website (FACATrackClinic.com) - some are already there.

We had some great discussions throughout the weekend and I will post below the things that we voted on that will be the recommendations to the FHSAA Track Advisory Committee at our next meeting in May.

We counted about 275 people in attendance for the meeting with FHSAA Track director Ed Thompson alone, so I expect we had 300-350 overall throughout the weekend. Again, thank you to those of you who attended and next year, please bring a friend!

Dan Dearing
The Bolles School - Boys and Girls Head Track and Field Coach
FACA Track and Field Chairman
01/14/2019 10:44:04 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
These votes DO NOT mean that these changes will happen. They mean that I will bring them up for discussion and will put my support behind them when the committee meets in May. YES Votes Thursday 1) Remove 4X400m Prelims at the State Championships Yes: 70 No: 2 2) Add (as needed) a competition at the state meet for any "above the knee" amputees (paralympic) "blade runner" athletes. Yes: Unanimous 3) Add the combined events (Decathlon/Heptathlon) to the State Championship as a scored event on Wednesday/Thursday. Yes: 55 No: 2 4) As available, add coaching boxes/areas for all events for coaches with credentialed wristbands Supported unanimously, but not voted on as this is an administrative change that would not require committee approval. 5) Return to the system where there is a 2 week open window for hosting District Meets. Yes: Unanimous All of the above were confirmed with a second vote on Saturday. Also on Saturday, the following issues were discussed and voted on: 6) Have an open window of dates for hosting the Region Championship. Yes: Unanimous 7) The FHSAA should post, by the end of the school year, the dates for District & Region meets for the following year (the date windows if that changes). Yes: Unanimous The following issues were discussed and voted NO by the members attending: 8) Change state meet qualifying back to 16 total ONLY FOR RELAYS by using a 3+1 system where there would be 12 automatic qualifiers and 4 at-large bids in each event. Yes: 4 No: 50 9) Use the above listed 3+1 system for ALL EVENTS. Yes: 13 No: 40 10) For the 4X400, combine the 24 teams into 2 heats and use a double waterfall start (similar to the current 3200m start). Yes: 5 No: 50
These votes DO NOT mean that these changes will happen. They mean that I will bring them up for discussion and will put my support behind them when the committee meets in May.

YES Votes Thursday

1) Remove 4X400m Prelims at the State Championships
Yes: 70
No: 2

2) Add (as needed) a competition at the state meet for any "above the knee" amputees (paralympic) "blade runner" athletes.
Yes: Unanimous

3) Add the combined events (Decathlon/Heptathlon) to the State Championship as a scored event on Wednesday/Thursday.
Yes: 55
No: 2

4) As available, add coaching boxes/areas for all events for coaches with credentialed wristbands
Supported unanimously, but not voted on as this is an administrative change that would not require committee approval.

5) Return to the system where there is a 2 week open window for hosting District Meets.

All of the above were confirmed with a second vote on Saturday.

Also on Saturday, the following issues were discussed and voted on:

6) Have an open window of dates for hosting the Region Championship.

7) The FHSAA should post, by the end of the school year, the dates for District & Region meets for the following year (the date windows if that changes).

The following issues were discussed and voted NO by the members attending:

8) Change state meet qualifying back to 16 total ONLY FOR RELAYS by using a 3+1 system where there would be 12 automatic qualifiers and 4 at-large bids in each event.
Yes: 4
No: 50

9) Use the above listed 3+1 system for ALL EVENTS.
Yes: 13
No: 40

10) For the 4X400, combine the 24 teams into 2 heats and use a double waterfall start (similar to the current 3200m start).
Yes: 5
No: 50
01/16/2019 7:28:57 PM
User
@dddd I checked the website and can't find anything posted from the clinic itself. I clicked on all four choices: Home, Schedule, Speakers nd FAQ. What am I doing wrong?
@dddd

I checked the website and can't find anything posted from the clinic itself. I clicked on all four choices: Home, Schedule, Speakers nd FAQ. What am I doing wrong?
01/16/2019 8:08:47 PM
Admin
We also discussed allowing districts to choose whether or not they want to run prelims.....
We also discussed allowing districts to choose whether or not they want to run prelims.....
01/16/2019 9:06:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=geoffpietsch]@dddd I checked the website and can't find anything posted from the clinic itself. I clicked on all four choices: Home, Schedule, Speakers nd FAQ. What am I doing wrong? [/quote] If you click on "Schedule", you will see about a dozen different links for notes from the 2019 clinic. These are the powerpoint slides for those talks. We are still adding more. Those by Coach Dave Anderson will be up in the next few days.
geoffpietsch wrote:
@dddd

I checked the website and can't find anything posted from the clinic itself. I clicked on all four choices: Home, Schedule, Speakers nd FAQ. What am I doing wrong?

If you click on "Schedule", you will see about a dozen different links for notes from the 2019 clinic. These are the powerpoint slides for those talks. We are still adding more. Those by Coach Dave Anderson will be up in the next few days.
01/16/2019 10:59:34 PM
User
@dddd My mistake. I was too hasty and thought those were just the topics the speakers were scheduled to cover. Thank you for making these available.
@dddd

My mistake. I was too hasty and thought those were just the topics the speakers were scheduled to cover.
Thank you for making these available.
01/18/2019 10:43:11 AM
Power User
@dddd Having all this posted is great. Makes you feel less pressured to choose sessions! Thanks Dan. Even us older coaches can read some stuff.
@dddd

Having all this posted is great. Makes you feel less pressured to choose sessions! Thanks Dan. Even us older coaches can read some stuff.
01/18/2019 10:46:47 AM
Power User
@lfcsumner3 Was that at a voting session or just at the added impromptu session at 3 on Friday? That session had no voting at it. Food for future thought for sure. Maybe a recommendation to the FHSAA advisory committee so they can discuss it officially in May. Sounds like from this list and other side discussions that the May meeting is going to be a good one this year (and all day long). Hope to see all these things get submitted as actual recommendations the committee can discuss. Scott Peters Half-Mile Timing
@lfcsumner3

Was that at a voting session or just at the added impromptu session at 3 on Friday? That session had no voting at it.

Food for future thought for sure. Maybe a recommendation to the FHSAA advisory committee so they can discuss it officially in May.

Sounds like from this list and other side discussions that the May meeting is going to be a good one this year (and all day long). Hope to see all these things get submitted as actual recommendations the committee can discuss.

Scott Peters
Half-Mile Timing

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.