Girls 100 meter dash (11.23)
04/02/2009 10:03:10 AM
User
I noticed in the Gaston County Championships that the results have Stormy Kendrick running an 11.23 in the 100. I know she is super fast, but was that an accurate time?
I noticed in the Gaston County Championships that the results have Stormy Kendrick running an 11.23 in the 100. I know she is super fast, but was that an accurate time?
04/02/2009 9:56:41 PM
User
Yes it was accurate I ran in the meet and she broke the county record
Yes it was accurate I ran in the meet and she broke the county record
04/03/2009 10:14:20 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
If that time is legit that is probably the fastest in the nation at this time in the season. Who was doing the timing? Was it fully automatic or hand? That makes a BIG difference.Was there a wind gauge? Hand times are approximations at best and should be taken with a grain of salt. That is why most lists won't take hand times for inclusion as official records; and conversions are guesses at best. I am a Stormy fan; I've watched her run and progress for several years on the summer circuit; she seems to be a really nice girl and I wish her the best at Clemson. This is in no way shape or form a slam of Stormy; our sport is really a science and accuracy is what is important. If that time is real and meets the criteria that will put her on the ALL-TIME U.S. LIST; so this is important. Track and Field should be really called the Applied Science of Human Performance in Athletics. :-] To really convey what it really is; if that 11.23 is legit...Congratulations Stormy , what a great performance.
If that time is legit that is probably the fastest in the nation at this time in the season. Who was doing the timing? Was it fully automatic or hand? That makes a BIG difference.Was there a wind gauge? Hand times are approximations at best and should be taken with a grain of salt. That is why most lists won't take hand times for inclusion as official records; and conversions are guesses at best. I am a Stormy fan; I've watched her run and progress for several years on the summer circuit; she seems to be a really nice girl and I wish her the best at Clemson. This is in no way shape or form a slam of Stormy; our sport is really a science and accuracy is what is important. If that time is real and meets the criteria that will put her on the ALL-TIME U.S. LIST; so this is important. Track and Field should be really called the Applied Science of Human Performance in Athletics. To really convey what it really is; if that 11.23 is legit...Congratulations Stormy , what a great performance.
04/03/2009 11:38:33 AM
User
Once you round the 11.23 to 11.3 and add the .24, that makes her time 11.54. She is number 9 on the NC all-time list with a 11.70 FAT. She is capable of running an FAT 11.50, from what I've seen. I look forward to her progression, and hate that we are not in the 3A West Region anymore, so that I could see her run.
Once you round the 11.23 to 11.3 and add the .24, that makes her time 11.54. She is number 9 on the NC all-time list with a 11.70 FAT. She is capable of running an FAT 11.50, from what I've seen. I look forward to her progression, and hate that we are not in the 3A West Region anymore, so that I could see her run.
04/03/2009 2:48:52 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
There is a lot of talk about this performance and rightfully so . . . BUT it wasn't FAT - it was hand-timed. I'm waiting for the full results from the meet in order to post on the site. IT WAS 11.23, rounded to 11.3, add .24 = 11.54, still a very good performance
There is a lot of talk about this performance and rightfully so . . .

BUT

it wasn't FAT - it was hand-timed. I'm waiting for the full results from the meet in order to post on the site.

IT WAS

11.23, rounded to 11.3, add .24 = 11.54, still a very good performance
04/03/2009 10:18:31 PM
User
oh yeah she will hit that mark FAT at Nike this summers. Wait to she gets to Clemson, Tim Hall is going to make her even FASTER!!!!
oh yeah she will hit that mark FAT at Nike this summers. Wait to she gets to Clemson, Tim Hall is going to make her even FASTER!!!!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.