New Bern
04/17/2009 6:23:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Does anyone know why New Bern has not run in a high school invitational meet this spring? They have run under TEC all spring in college meets.
Does anyone know why New Bern has not run in a high school invitational meet this spring? They have run under TEC all spring in college meets.
04/17/2009 8:01:31 PM
User
They trying to break all the sprint relay records.
They trying to break all the sprint relay records.
04/17/2009 11:14:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Does anybody know why they are not going to the Penn Relays? I would have thought that would be what they where waiting on the national stage against the world...
Does anybody know why they are not going to the Penn Relays? I would have thought that would be what they where waiting on the national stage against the world...
04/18/2009 8:37:25 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
According to the NCHSAA and NCTCCCA, only those performances established while representing a school are valid for region qualification. Times from a club will not be accepted by the regional directors. Since a club may include members from several schools, those times are not going to be allowed. A directive went out to coaches several weeks ago.
According to the NCHSAA and NCTCCCA, only those performances established while representing a school are valid for region qualification. Times from a club will not be accepted by the regional directors. Since a club may include members from several schools, those times are not going to be allowed. A directive went out to coaches several weeks ago.
04/19/2009 10:15:33 AM
Coach
New Bern has not run in HS invitationals for several reasons, the foremost being that they are chasing those National records and it is hard to plan when and where. They do not know from week to week were they are competing,or which events they are competing in. I know for a fact that Big Dave is very exhausted, and coach Sparks is behind on some of his writing because this season has been one for the record books. To give you an example: last week they went to Sea Rays to run a fast 4x100, however their major purpose was to run under 1:24.78 and hopefully under 1:24 to attempt to run 1 of the top 2 times ever at 4x200 (no 1 is 1:23.3, no 2 is 1:23.8), however the weather conditions were very bad (50 degrees and 20 mile per hr. winds) and Styron was a little out of condition because of a groin injury, so their attempt failed. Well why not wait until Nike nationals, that's because they have done sprint work all year with Ant and Drew, and Ant wants to train up over the next few weeks before his window closes, and get ready for the 800m with an attempt to run under 1:50 at the state meet and a meet that he and Drew will run the 800 in Chicago against some of the countries best. Fuqauwn wants to run under 21 seconds at 200m and 10.3 at 100m(his goal 20.7) so they are watching his races, Drew has a PR goal at 400 meters of 46 low at HS states and Sparks he has a legitimate shot 300m state championship, New Bern has alot going on with this team and in stead of questioning their purpose why not join in with them. At the apex relays yesterday( the meet they have traveled to for many years and made the commitment early that they would be there regardless of any NR) over at the long jump pit a womens coach from Raleigh went over an started a support rally with the hand claps for all of the triple jumpers in the finals and it was beautiful to see them all supporting each other. What TEC/New Bern has done in the state of NC for many years, with supporting kids out of their own program is to them their ultimate purpose (the Kids), how about stop questioning my dad and one of the men he thinks is the greatest thing to happen to track and Field in NC(Nick Sparks) since they created the asphalt track. As for the Penn relays that's another local hs school issue, so they are traveling to Oregon to compete in the Oregon relays just at 4x400 to have their first attempt to go under 3:10 (preferably 3:09)to be the first team in 12 years to run under 3:10 as HS. Then their on their way to Greater Southwest early June to make a big attempt to break the National record at 4x400 and Nike to make the quartet attempt at 4 relay wins and 4 meet records (both SMR's and 4x200 and 4x400). As for times not qualifying for states, they run all their dual and quad meets, they have had to (2) 24plus long jumps at their quads they have ran 41.8,1;26.1,3;18 and 8;10 at quads, they have 2 or more qualifiers in every open race from the 100 to the 800 and both hurdle races, (matter of fact they ran their no 7 man at 4x200 an ran 1:27.5, Tyrell Lyndsay (soph)and at 4x400 John Wheatly(soph)their no 6 quarter miler and he split 51.2 on the 3rd leg, yesterday at Apex and they ran 4:18). They have already learned from their indoor lost by 1 pt to SER,(Mike Price didn't compete because his LJ from ark. was a TEC jump and at the last minute they were notified it wouldn't be eligible) Mike was last seasons indoor state champ 23'8') so they know that. As for any other questions my Dad and Mr Sparks can answer them at any time. Proudly submitted, Big Dave's son
New Bern has not run in HS invitationals for several reasons, the foremost being that they are chasing those National records and it is hard to plan when and where. They do not know from week to week were they are competing,or which events they are competing in. I know for a fact that Big Dave is very exhausted, and coach Sparks is behind on some of his writing because this season has been one for the record books. To give you an example: last week they went to Sea Rays to run a fast 4x100, however their major purpose was to run under 1:24.78 and hopefully under 1:24 to attempt to run 1 of the top 2 times ever at 4x200 (no 1 is 1:23.3, no 2 is 1:23.8), however the weather conditions were very bad (50 degrees and 20 mile per hr. winds) and Styron was a little out of condition because of a groin injury, so their attempt failed. Well why not wait until Nike nationals, that's because they have done sprint work all year with Ant and Drew, and Ant wants to train up over the next few weeks before his window closes, and get ready for the 800m with an attempt to run under 1:50 at the state meet and a meet that he and Drew will run the 800 in Chicago against some of the countries best. Fuqauwn wants to run under 21 seconds at 200m and 10.3 at 100m(his goal 20.7) so they are watching his races, Drew has a PR goal at 400 meters of 46 low at HS states and Sparks he has a legitimate shot 300m state championship, New Bern has alot going on with this team and in stead of questioning their purpose why not join in with them. At the apex relays yesterday( the meet they have traveled to for many years and made the commitment early that they would be there regardless of any NR) over at the long jump pit a womens coach from Raleigh went over an started a support rally with the hand claps for all of the triple jumpers in the finals and it was beautiful to see them all supporting each other. What TEC/New Bern has done in the state of NC for many years, with supporting kids out of their own program is to them their ultimate purpose (the Kids), how about stop questioning my dad and one of the men he thinks is the greatest thing to happen to track and Field in NC(Nick Sparks) since they created the asphalt track. As for the Penn relays that's another local hs school issue, so they are traveling to Oregon to compete in the Oregon relays just at 4x400 to have their first attempt to go under 3:10 (preferably 3:09)to be the first team in 12 years to run under 3:10 as HS. Then their on their way to Greater Southwest early June to make a big attempt to break the National record at 4x400 and Nike to make the quartet attempt at 4 relay wins and 4 meet records (both SMR's and 4x200 and 4x400). As for times not qualifying for states, they run all their dual and quad meets, they have had to (2) 24plus long jumps at their quads they have ran 41.8,1;26.1,3;18 and 8;10 at quads, they have 2 or more qualifiers in every open race from the 100 to the 800 and both hurdle races, (matter of fact they ran their no 7 man at 4x200 an ran 1:27.5, Tyrell Lyndsay (soph)and at 4x400 John Wheatly(soph)their no 6 quarter miler and he split 51.2 on the 3rd leg, yesterday at Apex and they ran 4:18). They have already learned from their indoor lost by 1 pt to SER,(Mike Price didn't compete because his LJ from ark. was a TEC jump and at the last minute they were notified it wouldn't be eligible) Mike was last seasons indoor state champ 23'8') so they know that. As for any other questions my Dad and Mr Sparks can answer them at any time.
Proudly submitted,
Big Dave's son
04/19/2009 10:41:39 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you Dave's son. I do have one question. Where was Mr. Greene? Does he have an injury or is he taking the SAT test this week-end? If it is too personal, forget I ask. Thanks again.
Thank you Dave's son. I do have one question. Where was Mr. Greene? Does he have an injury or is he taking the SAT test this week-end? If it is too personal, forget I ask. Thanks again.
04/19/2009 2:23:46 PM
Coach
Mr. Greene has some personal issues going on in his life as well as an ankle injury. And I told you my dad is counting his races, he has too compete all the way to USATF nationals in Greensboro with Puerto Rico and Juniors along the way. He will be back at full strength hopefully this weekend in Oregon and State competitions. Thanks
Mr. Greene has some personal issues going on in his life as well as an ankle injury. And I told you my dad is counting his races, he has too compete all the way to USATF nationals in Greensboro with Puerto Rico and Juniors along the way. He will be back at full strength hopefully this weekend in Oregon and State competitions.
Thanks
04/19/2009 5:57:26 PM
User
What ever happened to Rodney Stewart?
What ever happened to Rodney Stewart?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.