indoor facility
07/28/2010 4:43:12 AM
Coach
We need letters of support to show developer that we are serious about supporting this project. Letters need to include: School, number of athletes on team (typically), need for facility and a statement of support. email to: Mark Adams at shadabney@yahoo.com or mail to 96 Rob's Rd, Rowland, NC 28383. To date I only have two letters
We need letters of support to show developer that we are serious about supporting this project.
Letters need to include: School, number of athletes on team (typically), need for facility and a statement of support.
email to: Mark Adams at shadabney@yahoo.com or mail to 96 Rob's Rd, Rowland, NC 28383. To date I only have two letters
07/28/2010 12:13:11 PM
User
I'm not a coach, but here are my thoughts on the issue: There will be way more interest in the facility than letters written as you have requested (a lot of people won't take the time to write). I suggest you research the number of schools that have attended indoor events at UNC. Also, call St. Christopher's (?) to inquire how many events and how many athletes attend their facility throughout the year. Check with other indoor facilities in Virginia and Tennessee. Not sure SC has any. Calculate the attendees for the indoor state meets, etc. It just seems to me it would be easier to calculate participates based on location and the typical schools that travel to meets. Also, email survey's to all of the schools might get better information than requesting letters. I know there was a lot of discussion previously about an indoor facility, but I was curious where we stand. Has someone hired a consultant? Are we just in the investigative stage of whether its worth building or have decisions such as location, etc. been made? Please disregard if I am off in my thinking due to possible misunderstanding of what's happening, etc.
I'm not a coach, but here are my thoughts on the issue:

There will be way more interest in the facility than letters written as you have requested (a lot of people won't take the time to write).

I suggest you research the number of schools that have attended indoor events at UNC. Also, call St. Christopher's (?) to inquire how many events and how many athletes attend their facility throughout the year. Check with other indoor facilities in Virginia and Tennessee. Not sure SC has any. Calculate the attendees for the indoor state meets, etc. It just seems to me it would be easier to calculate participates based on location and the typical schools that travel to meets.

Also, email survey's to all of the schools might get better information than requesting letters.

I know there was a lot of discussion previously about an indoor facility, but I was curious where we stand. Has someone hired a consultant? Are we just in the investigative stage of whether its worth building or have decisions such as location, etc. been made?

Please disregard if I am off in my thinking due to possible misunderstanding of what's happening, etc.
08/01/2010 4:39:51 PM
User
I could create a new website to petition for the facility.
I could create a new website to petition for the facility.
08/11/2010 9:28:20 AM
Coach
Virtually all the research has been done. The letters are requrements of the investors, to prove that we will support the endeavor. We have found investors willing to finance the project. They need documentation from the coaches and schools. I have researced/canvased VA, MD, PA, NY,MA, AL, TN, KS, SD, IL and several tracks abroad. We are talking about private funding and public and community partnerships. Currently there are two projects that have acquired funds. Both need letters of support. We are working together and assistning a third group. We need at least three in the state.
Virtually all the research has been done. The letters are requrements of the investors, to prove that we will support the endeavor. We have found investors willing to finance the project. They need documentation from the coaches and schools. I have researced/canvased VA, MD, PA, NY,MA, AL, TN, KS, SD, IL and several tracks abroad. We are talking about private funding and public and community partnerships. Currently there are two projects that have acquired funds. Both need letters of support. We are working together and assistning a third group. We need at least three in the state.
08/11/2010 2:06:51 PM
Coach
[quote=markanthony]Virtually all the research has been done. The letters are requrements of the investors, to prove that we will support the endeavor. We have found investors willing to finance the project. They need documentation from the coaches and schools. I have researced/canvased VA, MD, PA, NY,MA, AL, TN, KS, SD, IL and several tracks abroad. We are talking about private funding and public and community partnerships. Currently there are two projects that have acquired funds. Both need letters of support. We are working together and assistning a third group. We need at least three in the state.[/quote] Should these come from athletic directors?
markanthony wrote:

Should these come from athletic directors?
08/17/2010 7:23:23 PM
Coach
They can come from both, but the coaches for indoor decide their schedules, more so than AD's
They can come from both, but the coaches for indoor decide their schedules, more so than AD's
10/22/2010 10:39:21 PM
User
@markanthony Did you receive sufficient letters to move forward and satisfy the potential investors? The indoor season is quickly approaching and the state indoor athletes are apparently still out of luck as far as having a place to stage the NC Indoor Track State championships in 2011.
@markanthony

Did you receive sufficient letters to move forward and satisfy the potential investors? The indoor season is quickly approaching and the state indoor athletes are apparently still out of luck as far as having a place to stage the NC Indoor Track State championships in 2011.
10/24/2010 7:25:38 PM
User
They are opening a new indoor facility in Greensboro. They are planning on having meets all week long for high schools. They already have a meet scheduled for December 4. The web site is www.personalbestsports.org
They are opening a new indoor facility in Greensboro. They are planning on having meets all week long for high schools. They already have a meet scheduled for December 4. The web site is www.personalbestsports.org
10/25/2010 12:47:22 AM
User
@CavVaulter99 The Greensboro facility proposed by Personal Best Sports is not going to open in December. Coach Cason indicated that if an investor or bank commitment for $500,000 was received by next week it could open by Jan 1 on another discussion thread. But it is by no means a done deal. The schedule at www.personalbestsports.org says proposed and the proposed schedule is the only information on the site. The proposed complex site is very convinient and is a good one close to HWY 68 near the airport. I hope this facility can find the funding as it is sorely needed but the project is just a website at this point not a physical reality.
@CavVaulter99
The Greensboro facility proposed by Personal Best Sports is not going to open in December. Coach Cason indicated that if an investor or bank commitment for $500,000 was received by next week it could open by Jan 1 on another discussion thread. But it is by no means a done deal. The schedule at www.personalbestsports.org says proposed and the proposed schedule is the only information on the site. The proposed complex site is very convinient and is a good one close to HWY 68 near the airport. I hope this facility can find the funding as it is sorely needed but the project is just a website at this point not a physical reality.
10/25/2010 8:19:40 PM
Coach
The website for Personal Best Sports is for information only. We have been trying to raise funds to build an indoor track. We worked very hard to make it happen for the upcoming indoor season. No one will loan the necessary funds or will sponsor the facility to the level needed to secure a $600,000 portable indoor track. Our company website is for marketing purposes only. The schedule very clearly states proposed schedule. I am sorry if this caused some confusion. Good luck to everyone at the upcoming regional and state cross country championships!
The website for Personal Best Sports is for information only. We have been trying to raise funds to build an indoor track. We worked very hard to make it happen for the upcoming indoor season. No one will loan the necessary funds or will sponsor the facility to the level needed to secure a $600,000 portable indoor track. Our company website is for marketing purposes only. The schedule very clearly states proposed schedule. I am sorry if this caused some confusion. Good luck to everyone at the upcoming regional and state cross country championships!
10/27/2010 8:30:00 PM
Coach
@jrayfield i received a total of five letters. The coach in Catawba coutny also received 5 letter, from nc and sc combined. We have heard dicussion and verbal support, but virtually no letters
@jrayfield i received a total of five letters. The coach in Catawba coutny also received 5 letter, from nc and sc combined. We have heard dicussion and verbal support, but virtually no letters
10/27/2010 10:38:35 PM
User
@markanthony What is the time line for your facility opening? If this year I could ask our AD and coach to provide a letter if it would help. If it is not this year then they would not as we only have funds to go to 4 invitational meets and they are UNC, Liberty Elite, VT Elite, KTC Niswonger. I heard back from Belk Foundation and it was a thanks but no thanks.
@markanthony What is the time line for your facility opening? If this year I could ask our AD and coach to provide a letter if it would help. If it is not this year then they would not as we only have funds to go to 4 invitational meets and they are UNC, Liberty Elite, VT Elite, KTC Niswonger. I heard back from Belk Foundation and it was a thanks but no thanks.
10/28/2010 8:45:44 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Folks, a letter of support is just that: a written letter stating that the facility is needed, that it would be beneficial to the state and that your team would come to meets if the facility was built. Noone is asking for money!!! Just a written "show of hands" as it were that people will come to the facility when built. It doesn't have to be more than a couple of paragraphs; there is no need for a website or any of that....you're making this way to complicated.
Folks, a letter of support is just that: a written letter stating that the facility is needed, that it would be beneficial to the state and that your team would come to meets if the facility was built. Noone is asking for money!!! Just a written "show of hands" as it were that people will come to the facility when built. It doesn't have to be more than a couple of paragraphs; there is no need for a website or any of that....you're making this way to complicated.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.