National XC Predictions
11/15/2011 4:38:39 PM
User
Top runners, top teams, who's coming up from the states to run?
Top runners, top teams, who's coming up from the states to run?
11/15/2011 7:54:22 PM
User
I think the number of Ontario junior men runners going to Vancouver will be down this year because of the higher traveling cost and the fact that it is not a qualifier for the World Championship in 2013. I am sure some of the clubs are not providing full funding for the trip to the West Coast. To become a world class runner you need lots of miles and lots of money...
I think the number of Ontario junior men runners going to Vancouver will be down this year because of the higher traveling cost and the fact that it is not a qualifier for the World Championship in 2013. I am sure some of the clubs are not providing full funding for the trip to the West Coast.

To become a world class runner you need lots of miles and lots of money...
11/15/2011 8:10:00 PM
User
Wow! 14 runners from the Newmarket track club are going. Lets do the math now. The club must have a very generous corporate sponsor. Could they be flying to Vancouver on Magna's jet? Ha Ha!
Wow! 14 runners from the Newmarket track club are going. Lets do the math now. The club must have a very generous corporate sponsor. Could they be flying to Vancouver on Magna's jet? Ha Ha!
11/16/2011 6:10:41 PM
User
Just a heads up to all the teams that are aiming for that gold. These are the following runners for Windsor Legion: Andrew Kowalsky, Paul Janikowski, Daniel Piticariu, Ryan Sleiman, Corey Bellemore, Brandon Allen, and Reid Mitchel. Good luck to every team out there competing with them.
Just a heads up to all the teams that are aiming for that gold. These are the following runners for Windsor Legion:

Andrew Kowalsky, Paul Janikowski, Daniel Piticariu, Ryan Sleiman, Corey Bellemore, Brandon Allen, and Reid Mitchel. Good luck to every team out there competing with them.
11/16/2011 6:14:09 PM
User
[quote=fugaxcfever]Just a heads up to all the teams that are aiming for that gold. These are the following runners for Windsor Legion: Andrew Kowalsky, Paul Janikowski, Daniel Piticariu, Ryan Sleiman, Corey Bellemore, Brandon Allen, and Reid Mitchel. Good luck to every team out there competing with them.[/quote] @fugaxcfever I feel really bad for the teams that have to challenge these guys...Anyways whos gonna take 2nd?
fugaxcfever wrote:
Just a heads up to all the teams that are aiming for that gold. These are the following runners for Windsor Legion:

Andrew Kowalsky, Paul Janikowski, Daniel Piticariu, Ryan Sleiman, Corey Bellemore, Brandon Allen, and Reid Mitchel. Good luck to every team out there competing with them.

@fugaxcfever I feel really bad for the teams that have to challenge these guys...Anyways whos gonna take 2nd?
11/16/2011 9:03:23 PM
User
I think the durham dragons can beat them, xavier king , bj cunliffe, steve hosier , evan esselink ( i think hes coming ) and jeremy coughler
I think the durham dragons can beat them, xavier king , bj cunliffe, steve hosier , evan esselink ( i think hes coming ) and jeremy coughler
11/16/2011 9:06:39 PM
User
they also have jay boychuk, grady van pixterrin and kirkup just to name a few more
they also have jay boychuk, grady van pixterrin and kirkup just to name a few more
11/17/2011 12:21:21 AM
User
@ZoomVictory Tell you the truth, that is a really good team that could fight for that first position. I have one question for you.. what shape are they in? We know that X is in great shape (Ofsaa), bj cunliffe, steve hosier , evan esselink? Has anyone heard from them? The Windsor legion group are doing very well and have been very consistent with their races. Both Paul and Andrew ran 31 min 10ks, which is solid. Then you have Ryan, Dan, and Corey who are bunched together basically in every race. Overall of what I am trying to say, you know that the Windsor boys will try and stick together for as long as they can to win that gold. Sure Durham Dragons might have studs, but are they in good enough shape.
@ZoomVictory

Tell you the truth, that is a really good team that could fight for that first position. I have one question for you.. what shape are they in? We know that X is in great shape (Ofsaa), bj cunliffe, steve hosier , evan esselink? Has anyone heard from them? The Windsor legion group are doing very well and have been very consistent with their races. Both Paul and Andrew ran 31 min 10ks, which is solid. Then you have Ryan, Dan, and Corey who are bunched together basically in every race.
Overall of what I am trying to say, you know that the Windsor boys will try and stick together for as long as they can to win that gold. Sure Durham Dragons might have studs, but are they in good enough shape.
11/17/2011 5:17:54 PM
User
[quote=ZoomVictory]I think the durham dragons can beat them, xavier king , bj cunliffe, steve hosier , evan esselink ( i think hes coming ) and jeremy coughler[/quote] @ZoomVictory Windsor Leagion will most likely take the win. I'm a Dragon and the guys that are heading out are, BJ, Xavier, Hosier, Coughler, Ackerman (jr boys ofsaa silver, the longer the stronger he is to) Matt Weiser, me and Brenden Randall. Assuming are top 3 all run well we should have a good shot at a medal, probs not Gold. Newmarket with Denault coming give thwill also em a strong team. Im gunna say Windsor, Durham, Newmarket
ZoomVictory wrote:

@ZoomVictory

Windsor Leagion will most likely take the win.

I'm a Dragon and the guys that are heading out are, BJ, Xavier, Hosier, Coughler, Ackerman (jr boys ofsaa silver, the longer the stronger he is to) Matt Weiser, me and Brenden Randall.

Assuming are top 3 all run well we should have a good shot at a medal, probs not Gold.

Newmarket with Denault coming give thwill also em a strong team.

Im gunna say Windsor, Durham, Newmarket
11/17/2011 9:44:28 PM
User
Whos good from BC..?
Whos good from BC..?
11/17/2011 10:05:33 PM
User
from the looks of the confirmation list so far: JM: Yves ftw with Hendrix, Denault and Janikowski not far behind, Windsor the obvious favourite in the team battle SW: potentially a good battle between Brown, Pidhoresky and Schaff SM: could be anyone's race as there's currently no real standout in this field, same with the team battle
from the looks of the confirmation list so far:

JM: Yves ftw with Hendrix, Denault and Janikowski not far behind, Windsor the obvious favourite in the team battle
SW: potentially a good battle between Brown, Pidhoresky and Schaff
SM: could be anyone's race as there's currently no real standout in this field, same with the team battle
11/18/2011 12:47:37 PM
User
It looks as though the Rose city has the team title on lock now for what the 3rd or 4th consecutive year? With a roster so deep, and professional studs like Kowalsky and Janikowski, kinda hard to call any other team ftw. Individually: Yves and some other possible studs. So there is no world xc championshop this year? I really wanted to see Yves compete for Canada at the world level.
It looks as though the Rose city has the team title on lock now for what the 3rd or 4th consecutive year? With a roster so deep, and professional studs like Kowalsky and Janikowski, kinda hard to call any other team ftw.

Individually: Yves and some other possible studs. So there is no world xc championshop this year? I really wanted to see Yves compete for Canada at the world level.
11/18/2011 2:24:23 PM
User
[quote=IplayRS247]It looks as though the Rose city has the team title on lock now for what the 3rd or 4th consecutive year? With a roster so deep, and professional studs like Kowalsky and Janikowski, kinda hard to call any other team ftw. Individually: Yves and some other possible studs. So there is no world xc championshop this year? I really wanted to see Yves compete for Canada at the world level.[/quote] @IplayRS247 Yves isnt even a Canadian citizen..he wouldnt have competed for Canada anyways
IplayRS247 wrote:
t looks as though the Rose city has the team title on lock now for what the 3rd or 4th consecutive year? With a roster so deep, and professional studs like Kowalsky and Janikowski, kinda hard to call any other team ftw.

Individually: Yves and some other possible studs. So there is no world xc championshop this year? I really wanted to see Yves compete for Canada at the world level.

@IplayRS247
Yves isnt even a Canadian citizen..he wouldnt have competed for Canada anyways
11/18/2011 2:45:08 PM
Coach
[quote=ImCorrect]IplayRS247It looks as though the Rose city has the team title on lock now for what the 3rd or 4th consecutive year? With a roster so deep, and professional studs like Kowalsky and Janikowski, kinda hard to call any other team ftw. Individually: Yves and some other possible studs. So there is no world xc championshop this year? I really wanted to see Yves compete for Canada at the world level. @IplayRS247 Yves isnt even a Canadian citizen..he wouldnt have competed for Canada anyways[/quote] @ImCorrect the kid (more like a man) looks like he is 25 yrs old anyways
ImCorrect wrote:
playRS247It looks as though the Rose city has the team title on lock now for what the 3rd or 4th consecutive year? With a roster so deep, and professional studs like Kowalsky and Janikowski, kinda hard to call any other team ftw.

@IplayRS247
Yves isnt even a Canadian citizen..he wouldnt have competed for Canada anyways

@ImCorrect

the kid (more like a man) looks like he is 25 yrs old anyways
11/18/2011 3:07:34 PM
User
Yeah, can't blame ya. I made that same ignorant assumption the first time around too, then I actually met the guy and learned that he's without a doubt junior age. man, kid, or w.e Yves is still one of Canada's best athletes and deserves support, even from the coaches whose athletes get their asses handed by him. I really do hope he gets his citizenship in the near future.
Yeah, can't blame ya. I made that same ignorant assumption the first time around too, then I actually met the guy and learned that he's without a doubt junior age.

man, kid, or w.e Yves is still one of Canada's best athletes and deserves support, even from the coaches whose athletes get their asses handed by him. I really do hope he gets his citizenship in the near future.
11/18/2011 7:14:10 PM
Coach
[quote=IplayRS247]Yeah, can't blame ya. I made that same ignorant assumption the first time around too, then I actually met the guy and learned that he's without a doubt junior age. man, kid, or w.e Yves is still one of Canada's best athletes and deserves support, even from the coaches whose athletes get their asses handed by him. I really do hope he gets his citizenship in the near future.[/quote] @IplayRS247 ignorant assumption? far from it I agree he is one of Canada's best athlete's and hope he get's his citizenship soon but how do you know without a doubt he is junior age. Really who gives a shit, in 2013 he can race all the other 25 yr old juniors at world XC.
IplayRS247 wrote:
Yeah, can't blame ya. I made that same ignorant assumption the first time around too, then I actually met the guy and learned that he's without a doubt junior age.

man, kid, or w.e Yves is still one of Canada's best athletes and deserves support, even from the coaches whose athletes get their asses handed by him. I really do hope he gets his citizenship in the near future.

@IplayRS247

ignorant assumption? far from it
I agree he is one of Canada's best athlete's and hope he get's his citizenship soon but how do you know without a doubt he is junior age. Really who gives a shit, in 2013 he can race all the other 25 yr old juniors at world XC.
11/18/2011 7:38:43 PM
Coach
[quote=IplayRS247]Yeah, can't blame ya. I made that same ignorant assumption the first time around too, then I actually met the guy and learned that he's without a doubt junior age. man, kid, or w.e Yves is still one of Canada's best athletes and deserves support, even from the coaches whose athletes get their asses handed by him. I really do hope he gets his citizenship in the near future.[/quote] @IplayRS247 Agreed. While there is no proof as to Yves age, those who have seen him up close or met him will agree that he looks and acts exactly the age he is purported to be. As a matter of fact, there were guys running against him at OFSAA who actually looked older, if anyone really wanted to judge. Then there's the fact that he was orphaned in the genocide and reportedly taken in as an infant. If he were anywhere near 25, he would have been well into grade school during the genocide. My guess, based on everything I know, is that he is no older than 19. There are almost certainly East Africans running as juniors who are much older, but that's because they are looking for a means of getting noticed and scoring an invite to a big race, so that they can get out and make some $. I don't think this is at all the situation where Yves is concerned. I don't think there are any agents or federation types farming young talent in Rwanda they way they are elsewhere. And if Yves was part of such an operation, his handlers sure didn't take very good care of him!
IplayRS247 wrote:

@IplayRS247 Agreed. While there is no proof as to Yves age, those who have seen him up close or met him will agree that he looks and acts exactly the age he is purported to be. As a matter of fact, there were guys running against him at OFSAA who actually looked older, if anyone really wanted to judge. Then there's the fact that he was orphaned in the genocide and reportedly taken in as an infant. If he were anywhere near 25, he would have been well into grade school during the genocide. My guess, based on everything I know, is that he is no older than 19.

There are almost certainly East Africans running as juniors who are much older, but that's because they are looking for a means of getting noticed and scoring an invite to a big race, so that they can get out and make some $. I don't think this is at all the situation where Yves is concerned. I don't think there are any agents or federation types farming young talent in Rwanda they way they are elsewhere. And if Yves was part of such an operation, his handlers sure didn't take very good care of him!
11/19/2011 6:57:10 AM
Coach
@oldster just read a story about his arrival to Canada. Very sad about his family. Again I meant disrespect he just appears older than high school age. Awesome talent and hopefully be wearing a Canadian vest soon.
@oldster

just read a story about his arrival to Canada. Very sad about his family. Again I meant disrespect he just appears older than high school age. Awesome talent and hopefully be wearing a Canadian vest soon.
11/19/2011 12:59:27 PM
User
K I'm just gonna do a quick top 20 preds for senior guys(junior preds to come later). I may do another fantasy pred thread for senior and junior guys so if I can get anyone's input on runner's I didn't list who should be top 15??? Thanks! 1) Britt 2) Duncan 3) Winter 4) Attema 5) Colle 6) Khan 7) Karanja 8) Childs 9) Haight 10) Bruchet 11) O'Neill 12) Snider 13) Brockerville 14) Majock 15) Ziak 16) Gant 17) Nicol 18) Friesen 19) Huff 20) Renfigo
K I'm just gonna do a quick top 20 preds for senior guys(junior preds to come later). I may do another fantasy pred thread for senior and junior guys so if I can get anyone's input on runner's I didn't list who should be top 15??? Thanks!
1) Britt
2) Duncan
3) Winter
4) Attema
5) Colle
6) Khan
7) Karanja
8) Childs
9) Haight
10) Bruchet
11) O'Neill
12) Snider
13) Brockerville
14) Majock
15) Ziak
16) Gant
17) Nicol
18) Friesen
19) Huff
20) Renfigo
11/19/2011 8:10:08 PM
User
Alright here are my junior preds. I threw these together in less than 10 minutes of work. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone who should be in the top 15--if I did, please tell me WHO cuz I will make another fantasy challenge by Monday...Thanks. 1) Sikubwabo 2) Janikowski 3) Hendrikx 4) Denault 5) Cassidy 6) King 7) Kowalski 8) Clifford 9) Deschiffart 10) Bourget 11) Hadfield 12) Hosier 13) Delcourt 14) D Brown 15) De Vries 16) Vincent 17) Piticariu 18) Bocksnick 19) Flanagan 20) Sleiman 21) Dulhanty 22) Grieve 23) Elmhirst 24) J Kent 25) Weir 26) C Clerke 27) B Raymond 28) J Cooper 29) I Ahmed 30) Bellemore
Alright here are my junior preds. I threw these together in less than 10 minutes of work. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone who should be in the top 15--if I did, please tell me WHO cuz I will make another fantasy challenge by Monday...Thanks.
1) Sikubwabo
2) Janikowski
3) Hendrikx
4) Denault
5) Cassidy
6) King
7) Kowalski
8) Clifford
9) Deschiffart
10) Bourget
11) Hadfield
12) Hosier